37)Camping

"You know I'm actually not feeling too bad about this."

"That's good to hear Clarke, I'm sure you'll love it." Lexa confidently assured me, her eyes still focused on the winding road ahead.

We were driving down what seemed to be a never ending street in the middle of nowhere, to get to the camping spot that Abby and Marcus had chosen for the big camping trip. Abby and Marcus had already taken Aden and Madi, as well as all of the camping supplies to go set up while Lexa and I took Chewy to the veterinarians office.

Now the 3 of us are headed to the spot where everyone is set up and I can't tell who's more excited, Chewy or Lexa.

"He looks so happy." I commented, watching Chewy who had his head stuck out the window, wagging his tail like the happy puppy he is. I can't believe we have a dog now.

"He does look happy." Lexa agreed. "The veterinarian said he was treated badly before we found him and he most likely didn't have anyone to care for him before. That means we get to experience all of Chewy's firsts with him. This will be both of your first camping trips."

"Did you hear that Chewy? We get to have our first camping trip together!" I told Chewy in my dog voice. I have never owned a dog before because Paige never wanted one, and I never had any friends with dogs, which means I never got to practice my dog voice, but I finally understand it now. I definitely talk to chewy in a different voice than the one I use for humans. It's how he knows I'm talking to him.

Suddenly the winding road straightened out, and we pulled up to a massive clearing. We spotted Marcus's truck and parked the car next to it, before getting out and letting Chewy out too.

There was a small trail that we had to follow to get to the larger clearing where the campsite was, so Lexa lead the way with Chewy and I walking side by side behind her. I'm not really in my element when I'm outside, which is ironic because being outside is actually being in the elements, but the funny thing about me is I really hate the elements. The elements are itchy and annoying and sometimes even scary. It doesn't matter how I feel about going outside now though, because my love for my family is a much stronger feeling.

Suddenly I could hear some noise from not too far away and Chewy took off sprinting ahead of Lexa and I. We watched Chewy take off and then exchanged a quick look before sprinting after him. Suddenly the woods opened up and I could see everything. I paused for a second as I took in the view around me.

There was a massive grass cleaning and a giant lake off to the side. Around the clearing was a large Forrest with trails opening up in several directions. It was an absolutely gorgeous area and for just a second, I was frozen as I admired the beauty of our planet.

"It's beautiful." Lexa mumbled, as her eyes scanning over the incredible scene in front of us.

"Very." I agreed.

I heard some noise from up ahead and noticed 2 massive tents set up in the center of the clearing. Chewy came running out of one with Marcus, Abby, Aden, and Madi all following.

The kids noticed us and started waving us over so Lexa and I jogged over towards them and wrapped them in hugs. When we were done saying hello I took a step back my eyes once again wandering around the insane views around us.

"Isn't this a nice place?" Abby asked, looking at the campsite around us.

"It's amazing." Lexa smiled, her tone still carrying a certain excitement I had never heard from her before. It's clear that Lexa belongs in the woods, and seeing her so happy makes me happy too.

"You guys did an excellent job setting up the campsite." I said, looking at the 2 tents and supplies all around us. They even had a campfire going about 15 feet away. It was an impressive setup and I was excited to have a such a nice setup for my first camping trip.