28)The Perfect Present

It's been 2 months since Lexa and Lincoln have left. I've gotten nothing from either of them. No calls, no messages, no letters...nothing. Soon people are going to start asking questions and I will have to admit that Aden has been living at my house with Madi and for all of this time.

Up until this point, Marcus and Abby have both been helping out around the house and taking care of the kids whenever I'm busy or need help. It's been so nice having someone around who the kids trust. All of my friends have also been around the house a lot too but if I'm being honest they are hurting more then they are helping. It's not their fault though. They are just curious about where the hell Lexa and Lincoln are. Unfortunately those are questions that I cannot answer.

Today Marcus and Abby are going back to Colorado. Both of them have offered to stick around and help with Madi and Aden but I couldn't accept their offer. I don't know how long Lexa will be gone. I don't even know that she's coming back. It doesn't make any sense that they stay here if all of their stuff and lives are back in Colorado. They aren't even married for real, yet they've been living and staying together all of this time just to help me and the kids out.

"Are you two all ready to go?" I asked Abby and Marcus who were sitting in bars stools in front of me as I wiped down the kitchen counter.

"To say goodbye to the kiddos? Never." Marcus frowned.

"They are sad too. In fact Raven said they wrapped up at the park about ten minutes ago so they should be here any minute to say goodbye." I explained, awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck. There was still something I had to do. "Listen I just really want to thank both of you. Neither of you are my biological parents but you are my real family. I love both of you." I said, moving to walk over to where Marcus and Abby were standing. They both stood up and met me half way and we all joined in a group hug. These people have shown over and over again that they won't leave me. I wish I could say the same for the woman who I really need. The woman I...

Suddenly the front door opened and in walked Raven, Octavia, Madi, and Aden who were all giggling and smiling.

"How was the park?" I asked, as Aden and Madi rushed over to give me a hug.

I bent down and opened my arms for both of the kids, giving them kisses on the top of their heads.

"It was so fun! We missed you mommy." Madi mumbled, squeezing me tightly.

"I missed you guys too. Grandpa Marcus and grandma Abby are going back to Colorado today they wanted to say goodbye."

"What?" Aden asked, pulling away from Madi and I and turning to face Marcus and Abby.

"Don't worry buddy." Marcus smiled, bending down next to Aden. "We Will be back to visit you soon."

"How soon?" Madi asked, frowning and rubbing her eyes.

"Before you know it Mads." Abby answered, moving to pull Madi and Aden into a hug which Marcus joined.

After everyone had finished saying their goodbyes, I helped Marcus and Abby load their things into Marcus's truck and then they drove off.

I know that the next step will be hard. A big part of my support system just left me but I know I'll be ok. I have my friends.

When I walked back inside the house I saw Raven and Octavia playing some game where they roll around on the ground and the kids have to jump over them. They call it steam roller. It's actually kind of a cute idea and I love seeing the kids so happy. Happy. That's something I miss. I put on a happy face for Madi and Aden and do my best to keep a positive attitude but sometimes I just can't.