9)Mom

"Mom?!"

"Well no not exactly."

"What do you mean no not exactly?" I asked, staring at her totally shocked.

"Clarke. I'd like to introduce you to your mother Abby Griffin." Marcus said, motioning towards my mom.

"Well I'm your mother but I'm not actually your mother."

I felt my head start to spin and I felt like passing out. Lexa must have noticed because I fell quickly and I felt her strong arms catch me and lower me to the ground. Marcus and my mom rushed up to me and knelt next to me to see if I'm ok.

"I don't understand. Last I checked you are definitely my mom. You are supposed to be dead."

"No my twin sister Paige Griffin is dead."

"No. I don't believe any of this. You are dead and you have no siblings! What is happening?!"

"Abby maybe you should leave the room for a second while I explain everything to Clarke." Marcus suggested noticing how crazy this all sounded.

My mom looked at me concerned but then nodded and stood up exiting the living room.

"Marcus what is going on?"

"Clarke you were born to Abby and Jake Griffin but your parents couldn't raise you because they were in danger."

"This is bullshit. Is this some manipulation tactic to get me to come visit because this is insanely fucked up."

"I know it sounds crazy but please let me finish. After you were born your father was killed."

"Yeah he died in a terrible car crash I already know that."

"Well actually no. Paige Griffin, your mom's evil twin sister murdered him."

I wasn't able to process any information but I nodded for Marcus to continue anyways.

"Paige told your mother she would be taking her identity and if she wanted to live she'd have to flee the country and never attempt to make contact with you ever again. Your mother hated the deal but she took it after seeing what happened to Jake who refused to cooperate."

"So I was raised by my aunt who was pretending to be my mother?" I asked, putting a hand to my forehead realizing I was quickly getting a headache with the new information overload.

"Yes. Your mother wanted to protect you though so she hired me."

"What?"

"I was hired to pretend to be Paige's boyfriend and make sure you stayed safe no matter what. I didn't know who hired me though, I didn't even know Paige was Abby until yesterday."

"I'm so confused right now. Who died yesterday?"

"Paige Griffin died in a car crash yesterday and your mom made that happen."

"So my mother, Abby Griffin killed my fake mother Paige Griffin who is my real mother's twin sister. You were hired by my real mother Abby but you didn't know it was her who hired you? Your job was to protect me from Paige and Paige is now dead because my mother Abby killed her?"

"Yeah that pretty much sums it up." Marcus shrugged.

"Well I understand why you were drinking vodka now."

I turned to look at Lexa who was sitting on the ground next to me. She looked just as shocked as I probably do and she also seems like she feels out of place. I don't blame her though. I myself feel out of place.

"Ok Abby can come back in now." I said, closing my eyes for a brief moment. I opened them feeling a hand on my shoulder and I realized it was Lexa. The small gesture was actually incredible comforting and I couldn't help but lean into the touch a little. It seems Lexa is the only constant in my life right now.

My mom walked back in and Marcus helped me stand up again. Lexa stood too and moved next to me in an almost protective manner.

"It's so nice to meet you Clarke. I wish it could have been under better circumstances." My mom said giving me a small smile.

"Is it uh..is it ok If I call you Abby? It kind of makes it easier to process everything in my head."

"Of course sweetie. I've been dying to see you for almost 20 years. You're so beautiful. And you really have your fathers eyes."

"I...thank you."

"Your daughter Madi...how is she?"

"I really don't want to talk about her with you of that's ok It's just-"

"Don't worry Clarke I completely understand. Marcus told me about what happened with Paige and her abandoning you. I'm so sorry."

I felt my eyes start to tear up again and I looked to Lexa who knew I wasn't doing so good.

"Listen it was nice to meet you Abby or not really nice but...something. I honestly don't understand why or how any of this happened and I don't want to right now either. I really just need some time to process this though and I can't be around either of you right now so I'm going to leave."

"Clarke wait. please." Abby said, reaching for my arm.

I wiggled out of her hold and backed away. "I'm sorry. I have to go."

And with that I turned around and walked out of the living room and out of my childhood home with Lexa following right behind me.

We both got in the car and when the doors were shut I immediately started sobbing.

Lexa quickly moved to pull me into a hug and I just cried and cried and cried. I'm not even sure if I'm sad. I don't know what I'm feeling. To start my entire childhood was a lie. My mother was my mother's twin sister and Marcus was an undercover spy for my real mother. Even though Paige wasn't my actual birth mother she's still the woman who raised me and she's still dead. No matter what I find out about her from Marcus and Abby that's still going to hurt. It hurts right now. My head started to ache as I still struggled to process all of the new information and I pulled away from the hug, wincing in pain.

"What's wrong Clarke?"

"My head. Ahhhh."

Lexa reached into the glove compartment and pulled out a bottle of pain killers. She then grabbed two and a bottle of water and handed them to me.

"This might help."

I accepted the medicine and swallowed it down quickly, grateful that Lexa has medicine on hand.

"Can you take me to a hotel Lex?"

"Yeah of course Clarke. We can go right now."

Lexa started the car and we started driving to a nearby hotel, trying to get away from the crazy mess that is my family as soon as possible.

An: y'all thought the last part was a plot twist lol....the story was getting way too boring for my taste so I fixed that ;)