10)Hotel

"Hi can we get a master suite please?" Lexa asked the guy at the hotel counter.

My first instinct was to tell her I didn't need anything so fancy but when I was about to speak I closed my mouth as thoughts of Abby and Paige Griffin rushed through my head.

After a few minutes I realized that Lexa and I were in an elevator together. I don't remember ever stepping into and elevator but I must have zoned out a little which is understandable considering everything that happened today. The next thing I knew Lexa was inserting a keycard into a door and we opened it both walking in.

The suite was giant and my eyes quickly wandered around all of the fancy furniture and decorations. I spotted a bottle of champagne and without hesitation ran over too it and opened it, before sitting on the couch and starting to take sips from it. Lexa sat down next to me and I leaned to the side, resting my head on her shoulder.

"What happened today?" I asked, even though I know Lexa knows just as much as I do if not less.

"I'm not sure to be honest." Lexa said shrugging.

I tilted my head back and chugged some more of the champagne. I felt the tears coming again but I made no effort to hold them in. Lexa took the bottle of champagne from my hands and placed it on the coffee table in front of us. She then pulled my body into her side and I moved to rest my head on her chest.

"She's gone Lex. My mom, or Paige or whoever you want to call her. She's dead."

"I'm so sorry Clarke." Lexa whispered, gently stroking my hair. "I wish I could make it all better but I can't even think of anything to say right now."

"What is there to say? I'm sorry your aunt murdered your father, blackmailed your real mother into leaving the country and then stole her identity and raised you? I'm sorry that she was horrible and left me? Sorry my real mother hired some guy to watch over me and pretended to be my aunt's girlfriend?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yes. I'm sorry about all of that."

"You know I always used to tell myself, my mom may not be perfect but she's the one mom I've got." I paused and started laughing bitterly. "I guess we know that's not true anymore."

"Maybe Abby is sweet? I mean she did hire Marcus to watch over you. It also seemed like she missed you so much when she first saw you. I think she really cares about you Clarke."

I tried to focus on what Lexa was saying. Maybe she was right. Maybe Abby could sort of become the mother I've always wanted. The question is do I still want that though? I'm happy with my life with Madi. I'm happy with my role as a mother and with my friends and Lexa and Lincoln and Aden. I don't know if I'm ready to get to know Abby but I certainly know I'm not letting her anywhere near Madi for the time being. I have to protect my daughter at all costs.

"I miss her Lexa. Paige. She was horrible and she treated me terribly but she raised me and because of that I will always love her and she's gone now."

"It makes perfect sense you'd feel that way Clarke. I'd be more concerned if you didn't feel sad at all."

I moved my body to get impossibly closer to Lexa's and she just continued to hold me and and give me a feeling of safety and security.

I felt my eyelids grow heavy and before I knew it I was asleep.

"Clarke. Wake up." A voice whispered, causing me to stir and open my eyes.

"Lexa?"

"Clarke I'm sorry to wake you but your friend Raven has called 3 times and then Octavia Bellamy and Murphy have all called you too. I only just woke up and saw it but if it's related to Madi then it might be important."