Chapter 4~Feelings

*Your P.O.V.*

Everything around me happens so quickly. I went from bruised and broken and then shortly after to a dark room. They washed me. They took any ounce of dirt off of me. They put black leather on me. Then they put me into a beautiful room with a wonderful view. No one told me anything.

I should've been scared or sad since I didn't know about what had happened to my family but oddly enough I was calm, extremely calm. The door opened and a soldier came in. I recognized him. The last soldier I saw before I fainted...his name was heard a few times in and out of my consciousness. Vlad. He fought for my life. I felt his happiness that I was awake and fine but can see in his eyes something far deeper. Then I felt everything he was feeling. He was sad, angry, desperate, and guilty. I felt them so hard that I almost cracked. I had to remember though that none of those feelings were mine and to stay calm. Extremely calm.

"Hello, Vlad. There is no need to be sad you know."

He looked at me with curiosity.

"I'm not sad."

"You have me here with most likely no intention of letting me go so don't lie. I can feel your sadness from here." Then I heard a whirring of a camera. "They are watching me..aren't they?" I said curiously. "I would figure. It is very smart to keep me under your watch since I believe I'm your only asset. Am I not?" I turn to face the camera. "Hello. If you wish to talk to me come out here and face me yourself. There's no need to be scared."

"You should be scared, and they should be too. " Vlad says almost quietly as if he didn't want the other end of the line to hear. 

"Why? I can feel what you're feeling you know and I'm not scared. Have they promoted  you since you've found me?" It was a lucky guess and before I feel like I wouldn't have even thought about it.

"They have," Vlad said with a bit of discomfort.

"You feel guilty though. About me. So you've told them to put me under your watch." I'm not even sure at this point how I was saying this or how I even guessed it. It didn't enter my brain until I was talking.

"How do you know that?"

"I don't know. Truly honestly I have no idea... let's just put it on intuition."

"Interesting." Vlad cocked his head to the side as if that would help to try to understand me. 

"You're gonna use me, aren't you. Dissect me. Experiment with me. I can tell you now you won't learn anything. Everything you need to know is in here." I tapped my brain. " It's weird really, it's like I know everything and nothing all at once. Over time maybe we'll trust you enough to tell you."

"We..as in..?" Vlad as curiously.

"You know what I mean Vlad. You know too that torturing me won't work. It will just make me want to tell you less."

"So then we kill you."

"I didn't say I wouldn't tell you anything. I want to know your cause. Give me a reason to help you." I knew in the long game I'll get out. Right now I only had so many options. Get killed, escape than die or ride it out get as much information and training as possible then burn this place to the ground.

"You'll fight with us if I explain it to you."

This was it. The choice I had to make. Yes for living. Never for escaping. Or say screw you and die so what do we choose?

"Yes."