one

───────

───────

you're awoken by the deep rumble of the vehicle driving over everything you have ever known. looking down you feel the plastic suit against your hands, vision blurred by the screen covering your face. there's another person, suit same as yours sitting across from you. the new consciousness revealing the real pain you were in, you let out a groan.

The last thing you can remember before it all went dark was how loud it was and the new level of fear you had yet to had experienced in your 22 years of living. People screaming, each of them coming to their own realization of the end, cars crashing. it smelled like something was on fire. you were running out of the office. The guy on the news was saying goodbye to his children because he wasn't going to make it home and that's when you really got a fraction of a glimpse of what was going on, and your body told you to run. you didn't have a destination in mind you were just trying to get away. and then you were in this van, confused, and in pain.

the person across from you explains that you are on the way to a so-called outpost. One of ten around the world. you were accepted because of your father, that's all they. obvious you had the same amount of information seeing as you hadn't talked to him since moving to the city. it had been years. anything else they said you didn't comprehend, the pain pushing you in and out of sleep.

was everyone else saved? why was i saved? am i in fact "saved"?

the ride was long, bumpy. pain distracting your head and passing the time. the van comes to a stop and the doors open. the mystery person across from you motions for me to follow, you are in no position to resist. you walk for what feels like forever, the suit is heavy holding you back from the urge to run from before, never really seeming to have left. the fog is thick making it hard to see where you were going. you get close enough to see the destination. tall walls, they are dark, you can't really make anything else out.

you pass some sort of guard as you make your way inside, still trailing behind the person from the van, trusting that they know where they are going. you walk down a hallway, and the guard swipes a card revealing an elevator. you get in and wait as the numbers change, still no words spoken between the three of you. as the doors open again you walk out, leading you down another hallway. you step into what you can only imagine is some sort of decontamination room, the floor lined with vents. you stand in the center and a large gush of air rushes over you. doors on either side of the room open, people dressed in grey outfits walking in. they help take off the suits, finally being able to feel the air on your skin again.

a loud tapping noise bounces off the walls of the hallway directly in front of you. a slim and tall figure reveals themselves, she stands for a second before introducing herself.

"i am wilhemina venable, welcome to outpost three."

her voice holds a certain authority, her icy tone matching the cold expression painted on her face. she holds a candle in one of her hands, the light bringing out her prominent facial features and dark, reddish hair. she holds a cane with her other hand, matching the silver accents on her dress and silver earrings enclosed around a black stone, which seems to fit her well. she turns to walk and you follow.

she leads you down the hallway, revealing a fairly large room. you can see another floor above, the accents of the railing shown by the fire that is lit in the middle of the room. you stand for a second taking all of the gorgeous architecture in. you had always found older places beautiful, admiring all of the past that laced the walls. you're snapped out of your trance by a loud tap. settling a nervousness in you, you clear your throat.

"this is a fallout shelter?" you ask still admiring the unique features

"it is now. it was once an exclusive boys school" she responds walking around the fire and making her way through a rounded door frame.

"what kind of boys school is subterranean?" you jump as a voice appears next to you, belonging to a girl with dark hair and a flannel draped across her waist, she's accompanied by a slightly taller boy who doesn't say anything.

she notices you jump and sticks her hand out and apologizes.

"sorry i didn't mean to scare you, emily." she offers with a smile

"no you're fine, i'm just a little on edge. y/n" you shake her hand and return her smile, hoping you might have just made your first friend in the outpost.

ms. venable responds to her comment with her same numb tone that she hadn't dropped.

" the cooperative to whom we owe our eternal gratitude, took ownership and converted it once they realized what was coming."

"the end?" the taller boy asks with a sigh.

"no, the beginning".

·。。·゜゜·。。·

y/n = your name

a/n

hi babies, welcome to my first fic ahh. i know this chapter is boring, but it's importantt. and my first time writing anything so i decided to just do like backstory stuff with this one. the next chapter will be more exciting haha. let me know if you like it bc i've never written before eee. also let me know if you guys want a playlist of the songs i listen to while i write bc i can totally do that :)). and ofc stan venable duh. thank you for reading, you are valid and appreciated babe i love youuu. until next chapter<3333 - tay