♛ Thing For You

"This is the first time I'm seeing you so nervous," Haneul commented as she observed the younger pace around the apartment, mumbling to himself.

"Liking someone is fun, but asking them out isn't. Why don't you try it out?" Doyoung sarcastically spoke, causing Haneul to giggle.

She shook her head, making herself comfortable on the couch. "Well, have you decided how to ask her?" She questioned.

"Hey, Chayoungie. If you free this Friday, may I take you out for dinner? Or maybe even a movie?" Doyoung recited, straightening his posture as he transformed into a cooler, suave dude.

"What if she asks if it's a date?"

"I mean, if you want it to be, then it's a date," Doyoung replied, immediately getting a pillow thrown to his face.

"Ew, no. Disgusting!" Haneul cringed, shaking her head. "Confidence is key. If you don't have it, then fake it till you make it. Confidently say 'yes' while looking into her eyes. This way she is captured by your charm and may agree." She explained as Doyoung soaked up each word and tattooed it on his brain.

"What do you mean 'may agree'? Will she reject it?" The red-haired male questioned, suddenly worried.

Haneul shrugged, not knowing what to say. "I mean, be ready for everything, Dobi. It can be good; it can be bad. We don't know. But whatever the answer, accept it like a man and maintain strong eye contact."

"Do you think it's the right time? I mean, after everything that has happened?" Doyoung asked the older, wondering if his decision was right.

"It's been almost six months since the Jihoon and Hyunsuk incident. She's forgotten everything, I'm sure."

"Yeah, you might be right." Doyoung nodded, playing with his hands.

"I mean," Haneul trailed off, smugly smiling, "for all you know, she might even feel the same."

Doyoung's eyes widened, confused at Haneul's words and behaviour. Does she know something I don't? The red-haired male raised his brows, staring at the girl sitting on the couch. "What the heck do you mean? Why are you smiling like that? Do you know something?" He asked, bombarding her with questions.

Haneul contemplated whether she should tell Doyoung about what Eun told her. "Well, I mean ... she's still a little confused about her feelings, but something is there," she explained.

"That ... makes me feel so much better, han."

|<><><><><>|

Kim Doyoung scrapped the whole extravagant plan of asking Eun out, and hinted on his fondness for her instead, and slowly pop the question.

It was their first class for the day, and Doyoung grabbed Eun's favourite coffee and pastry and surprise her with it. The café's line was longer than Doyoung had thought, making him late for his classes. Regardless, Doyoung knocked on Eun's class door before entering.

"Hey, prof. Just wanted to hand Chayoungie her morning coffee!" Doyoung smiled at the Mechanics professor.

"Hurry, Doyoung. Can't be waiting all day for you to walk there," the professor playfully retorted, holding back a smile.

The red-haired male let out a laugh before jogging up to a confused Eun. "Black coffee, a cannoli and a muffin, your favourite." He stated as he handed over the bag and coffee to Eun.

"Thanks, Dobi. Just what I needed for Mechanics." She laughed.

"I will wait for you after class ends, we can go to lunch together," Doyoung offered, to which Eun nodded, smiling widely.

Doyoung exited the class with a wide smile on his face, feeling giddy all over. It startled the younger when he felt something zoom past him, pulling him out of his thoughts.

"Start running! We got Professor Junhoe and we are late!" Asahi yelled, holding onto his bag as he sprinted towards his class. Doyoung's eyes widened, realization hitting him, causing him to run as well.

Cha Eun observed the whole fiasco from her seat, quietly chuckling to herself as she realised that the two boys were late for their class. She shook her head to herself, looking down at the pastry bag and coffee, seeing two notes stuck on them.

Eun slightly turned the coffee cup, trying to read what was on the light green sticky note. "Words cannot espresso how much you bean to me." Eun read, fighting back the urge to smile. She grabbed the paper bag, reading the note on that as well. "I cannoli be happy when I'm with you because muffin compares to you." Eun covered her face, embarrassed by Doyoung's little notes.

"Doyoung's fucking cute. You are lucky, Eun." Lisa commented, seeing the notes as she sat next to Eun. "Dang, when will someone do cute things like that for me? I need a relationship like this."

"Huh? Relationship?" Eun's eyes widened at Lisa's words, confused.

"Hm?" Lisa looked at Eun's confused expression, mirroring it. "You and Doyoung ... aren't a thing?" She asked, surprised.

"No? Why would you think that?"

"I don't know about you, Eun, but Doyoung seems to have a thing for you."