♛ It's Alright

Park Jihoon stomped towards the cashier, grumpy about paying for his friends' drinks. "Yeah, I will pay for table seven. How much is it?" He sighed, taking his wallet out of his pocket.

"Oh, sir, your friend already paid for it," the cashier replied, smiling politely at Jihoon.

"Huh, really?"

"Yes, sir. The girl in the Captain America shirt paid for it."

Jihoon racked his brain to figure out who the cashier was talking about. The boy nodded and bowed before leaving the cafe.

He saw the two girls in front of him, one of them his girlfriend and the other, her best friend. Haneul walked in front, talking with Junkyu and Jaehyuk, with Eun following last, talking with Jeongwoo.

Haneul is wearing a pink hoodie, and she doesn't like Captain America. Must be Eun, then.

Jihoon ran up to Eun, tapping on her shoulder to grab her attention. "Hey, Chahoonie," he affectionately greeted her, giving his infamous eye smile after seeing the Captain America shirt she wore.

Jeongwoo's eyes widened at the older one's sudden appearance, but, called out to Hyunsuk and went to him, leaving the two alone.

"Here you go," he said, handing the younger girl a bunch of money bills.

Eun confusedly looked at Jihoon. "What's this for?" She asked.

"You paid for the table, I can't possibly let you pay such a large amount!"

"I have paid for much larger amounts from my pocket, don't worry."

"But -" Jihoon argued, pouting at the brunette before she cut him off.

"I was the one who wanted to hang out at the cafe with everyone, so it's only fair that I pay for the table," Eun explained, smiling at the older.

Jihoon stood behind Eun, nodding understandingly. "Alright, Chahoonie. Only this time." He walked the younger towards Jeongwoo's car, smiling widely as he waved at Eun.

"Bye, Chahoonie!"

Eun oddly looked at the older, nodding slowly. "Bye, Jihoon." She returned the smile, getting in the car along with Hyunsuk and Jeongwoo.

"What did he want, Eunwoo?" Jeongwoo asked, turning his back from the passenger seat to look at the girl.

"I paid for the bill because I was the one who wanted everyone to come and hang out," Eun paused, looking at Jeongwoo to see if he understood. "Jihoon simply wanted to pay back."

"Which he did," Hyunsuk stated, looking at the younger through the rear mirror.

"No, he didn't."

"He did." Hyunsuk nodded, stopping the car at the red light. "Check your bag pocket, he kept it there. That's why he gave up quickly and left. Otherwise, y'all would argue for a while."

Eun quickly took off her bag, her hands immediately going towards the pocket. As soon as she put her hand in, she felt the small bundle of money notes.

She pulled it out, sighing in disbelief. "I'll just somehow sneak this back in when we go home," Eun muttered, remembering that Jihoon was her neighbour.

"Just talk to him about it, instead. Come to a mutual agreement, don't go sneaking it in and out. There won't be an end to that game, trust me," Hyunsuk spoke, looking at Eun, smiling.

"Fine, I'll talk." Eun knew it was a better option since Hyunsuk knew Jihoon very well.

Reaching their apartment, Eun waited outside the car while Hyunsuk and Jeongwoo talked. After bidding their goodbyes to Jeongwoo, the two best friends walked upstairs to their house, talking about their day.

As they approached their house, they saw Jihoon waiting for them outside. He smiled once he saw the duo, mischief evident as he looked at Eun.

"Oh, great," he stated, "you guys came back safely."

Hyunsuk laughed before unlocking the door and walking in, leaving Eun and Jihoon outside.

"I know what you did," Eun muttered, crossing her arms over her chest and looking at Jihoon.

The older calmly stood before quickly fumbling to get his keys to open the door. Eun laughed at the sight, confusing Jihoon.

"Look, I don't want to argue. You take half, I take half. How about that?"

"Why don't you use my half and buy yourself food?" Jihoon suggested, sending his infamous eye smile at Eun.

The younger shook her head, but smiled. "Only if get to share the food with you." She tried shooting her shot, her smile widening when Jihoon agreed.

"Fine, then. How can I say no to you?"