| curiosity 10 | ~ h potter

cw // mental health, mentions of death

I stood between Draco and Blaise, waiting for Snape to start talking about what he has to say for calling this meeting. I looked up at the ceiling, what Ginny said earlier replaying in my head, many thoughts going through my head. Am I going to lose another person? I've lost a lot of people in my life and I don't know if I still can afford to lose another person. I close my eyes, trying suppress my emotions.

I feel someone grab my hand, looking down in surprise I see it was only Draco looking worriedly at me, "You okay? You seem pale, did you do it again?" He was about to roll up my sleeve but I stopped him by taking my hand off of his. Shaking my head, "I didn't. Something just happened."

"Is it about me taking your letter? Or Potter?" He asks me, turning to face me. I glared at him and positioned him back with his body facing forward, so Snape won't suspect anything and jump into conclusions. "Tell me, Y/N." He remarks.

"It has nothing that concerns you, Draco." I replied, looking away from him and took a quick glance at the Gryffindors and saw Ginny looking back at Harry who was hiding behind them. He was also looking at Ginny, they seemed to be talking to each other, is she telling Harry about what we talked about earlier?

"It is, because it concerns you, Y/N. You're like my little sister, so tell me what's wrong." Draco grabs my arms and diverts my attention towards him. I glared at him, "Ginny kissed Potter and he kissed her back for a second. Now, leave me alone." I hissed at him, changing places with Blaise and ignored his calls. I felt something buzzing in my pocket, feeling that it was the necklace. I took it out of my pocket and heard Harry's voice, before he could speak more, I mouthed a spell and the necklace turned back to normal without any magical abilities anymore. I patted Pansy's back and handed her the necklace, "Happy birthday, Pans." I grinned at her.

She send a small smile back at me, taking the necklace from my hand, "Thanks, but my birthday is in four months."

I shrugged, "An early birthday gift, then."

Snape began to talk on about, informing us about the news of Harry being sighted at Hogsmeade? Turning my head discreetly glancing at Harry and see him whispering at Ron. How come no one told me about Harry being spotted? What else is Harry not telling me?

Snape continues, his voice getting louder, "Now, should anyone, student or staff attempt to aid Mr. Potter? They will be punished in a matter consistent with the severity of their transcription, further more... any person found to have knowledge of these events who fails to come forward will be treated as," He stops talking, his stare landing on mine, his cold stare piercing through mine, I stared at him the same but with more flame in my eyes, I mouthed at him, leave me alone. He finishes his sentence, "equally guilty."

I rolled my eyes, my hand going into my robe pocket to grab my wand but I felt someone take my hand and stop me, "Don't." Blaise whispers taking my hand out the pocket. I take a deep breath, don't let my anger get the best of me. I notice Snape walking down the platform, eyeing each of the house and was now standing in front of the Gryffindor house. "If anyone in here has any knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements this evening. I invite them to step forward." He announces, particularly at them.

Suddenly, I see Harry walk out of the line, revealing himself to the others. Everyone started to murmur, turning to face what was happening, "It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies. You still have a bit of security problem, Headmaster." Harry comments, cueing the entrance of the Order of the Phoenix, when did they arrive? I glance at Snape's face and see his fuming expression.

I go over to McGonagall after Snape's exit and listened to her announcement and instructions on what is going happen. She looks over to me, "Ms. Riddle, you come with me. Mister Longbottom, guard the bridge. Mr. Filch, take the first years to safety."