| he can learn to love | ~ t riddle

"Riddle, you need to listen to me!" I vociferate, grasping the leather black diary from his hand. Tom, stared at me with no emotion, whatsoever.

"Y/L/N, why do you even care?" Riddle snatches the diary from my grip, placing it on the pocket in his robe. I was completely lost for words, searching for answers, his eyes gleamed at me from the soft twilight.

He waited for an answer from me, I shrugged. Then he started to nod with an unfixed expression on his face.

"Leave me alone, Y/L/N. I don't need a petty Ravenclaw following me around on every move I take." He hissed, pushing me back. I hit the wall with a thump, seeing him walk away as my back still in contact with the wall. Tears trickled down my cheeks, his words hit me worst than I thought it would; Riddle, made a great impact on me since first year.

***

I heard a voice in the girl's lavatory. It made me curious on who would go to the girl's lavatory at this time, considering I heard a manly voice.

"Nagini, I want to, but that bloody Ravenclaw girl keeps getting in my way and I suddenly lose it!" Tom's voice echoed the room, I stood at the doorway, peeking from the side. There was a snake in front of Tom, who is he talking to?

The snake hissed at him, I could make out the words. I was a parselmouth, myself. Don't tell me you gained feelings for the stupid Ravenclaw.

"That's what I want to know!" Tom answers, my heart began to flutter at his words, maybe he likes me. Unexpectedly, I fell on my face, groaning I hugged my knees. Tom and Nagini went to me, I heard Tom gasp.

"Y/L/N, why must we meet at the worst possible time?" He groans, then saw a small smile form on his face. Then a slither came, Nagini was slithering towards me, her fangs were prominent.

Tom talked in parselmouth, telling her to stop but she didn't. I braced myself for impact, her fangs digging to my skin as slowly I lose blood.

Nothing came, I opened my eyes to see Tom groaning as a knife in his hand covered in blood I saw Nagini in the floor, blood oozing out her body. I ran to Tom,"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. It's just the effect when someone destroys a Horcrux." Tom groans, then my mouth hung agape.

**

Tom insisted to walk me back to my common room, we were awkwardly walking with silence creeping on us. The scene that just happened earlier couldn't stop playing in my mind repeatedly, I was dreading to ask Tom why he did it. Until, we reach my common room. I turned around to face him before answering the riddle the painting gave me, that was ridiculously easy for me.

"Tom, why did you do it?" I ask, taking all the courage in me to finally ask the burning question. The quiet burns of the torches was heard in the cold hallway as it was the only thing that illuminated the hall, Riddle's face was a perfect silhouette.

"Everlasting life is what everyone wants even those filthy muggles, but I am the only wizard that can conjure a Horcrux in today's history." He answers with a grin. I frown at him, he's very intelligent but has low standards.

"How many have you conjured for yourself?" I look at him in the eye, as he stares back into mine. I felt his stare burn into my life, his face the only thing in my sight, I pictured us, graduating from Hogwarts with big smiles.

"I tried making more, but I could not. For you bring such emotion to me that makes me go crazy..." Tom takes his gaze out of mine, turning around and starting to walk away. I ran to him and grabbed his hand and yanked his around, placing our lips together.

He kissed me back forcefully, then my back came in contact with the wall. Then our relationship came higher than any mountains could reach as what he quoted to me.

He could learn to love after all

—————————

~I hope you enjoy this, I wasn't so sure of what I'll do for the ending...