Chapter 27

It's a Wonderful Lie

Winter in New York: A Gossip Girl Checklist to Surviving the Cold. Cashmere stole for ice skating at Wollman Rink. Jacques Torres hot chocolate for window shopping the holiday displays. And the perfect date to the senior snowflake charity ball.

"B, we have other things to do today." Serena pointed towards herself and Anna as the trio sat in the courtyard of Constance/ St. Jude's at a table with lists of guys in from of them.

"Serena, this is the holiday event for high school seniors. The pictures dominate the social pages through New York. I need a ringer." Blair explained.

"Wait, all these guys asked you?" Anna questioned as she filed through Blair's lists.

"Of course. You think Angelina Jolie even considers a project without an offer?" Blair asked her friends.

"So which one of these is yours for the night?" Chuck wondered as he approached the trio of best friends.

"What makes you think I'm not looking long term?" Anna shoot back.

"Call it a hunch." Chuck smiled.

"David Ryan." Anna spoke the first name of Blair's list that caught her eye.

"Are you kidding? Ever seen the guy without gum? The oral fixation alone would drive you insane." Chuck assured her.

"Okay." Anna breathed as she took Blair's pen and crossed him out on the list.

"Hey." Blair exclaimed in reply.

"I'm gonna go." Serena said as she spotted Dan across the way before she stood up and left.

"And I have to take this." Blair looked down at the ringing phone in her lap. "Here. Take this list."

Blair handed Anna over one of the many lists of boys for her to choose her Snowflake Charity ball date from.

"You'll need it." Blair finished before leaving the pair alone causing Anna to roll her eyes.

"So, who's next?" Chuck asked as he leant towards her and looked at the list of guys.

——————————

The sound of the grand piano in the living room being played echoed through the quiet empty halls of the Hawthorne home as Anna walked out of the kitchen to find Chuck sat there