Chapter 11

School Lies

On the Upper East Side it's easy to think the world is exactly as it appears. Refined. Elegant. Imposing. But sometimes all it takes is a little key to open the door to the wild side.

Anna pushed her damp hair behind her ear as she made her way over to Chuck, who was perched up on the life guard seat overlooking the entire pool and all its occupants.

It was the last Saturday before winter break was over. Serena, Anna and Blair had planned a quiet night in but, we all know on the Upper East Side, there is no such thing as a quiet Saturday night and that is how half the junior class of Constance/ St. Jude's ended up at the school pool.

"What's with those two?" Anna spoke as she stood beside Chuck looking towards Blair and Nate who looked very awkward kissing in the pool. Actually it was more like Blair looked awkward but Nate didn't.

"Let's just say that Blair still isn't over her mystery man." Chuck replied to the brunette.

"Except he isn't a mystery to you, Chuck." Anna pointed out at the fact that Chuck knew who the guy Blair slept with was but he refused to spill anything.

"Oh well. All good secrets come out eventually." The Bass commented before he walked away from Anna.

Anna decided to get into the pool along with the rest of her friends and began drinking martinis with Blair.

She spotted Serena alone and went to talk to her but Dan arrived so she changed her mind.

Then all of sudden the night went down hill. One of the guys, Andrew, hit his head on a pole and fell into the pool. Anna quickly ran around the pool and watched at the blood surrounded him.

Nate dove into the pool to get him out. Serena and Anna stood beside the pool as guys gathered to help Nate out.

"Someone call an ambulance." Nate spoke as he lifted the guy up to another waiting St. Jude's Junior.

Nate got out of the pool and began CPR as Serena phoned for an ambulance. Anna took Dan's jacket that he handed her and pressed it against the open wound on Andrew's head.

The sound of the sirens coming caused everyone to panic. People grabbed their clothes before making dashing exits to avoid being caught. They all knew if they were caught on school property there would be series consequences. But little did they know someone left enough evidence behind to get them all in trouble.

——————————