Chapter 18

Never Been Marcused

Gossip Girl Summer Tip #2: There is no "we" in summer. Only you and me. Find out where you stand before you find yourself stood up. Anyone can canoodle in July and August, but will he be gone by September?

"So what's next?" Anna asked after she stopped laughing at the joke Alex had told her as the couple rode down a quiet road in the Hamptons on bicycles.

"I was thinking breakfast. A little French toast, maybe some coffee." Alex replied as they rode through a section of the road shaded by large, evergreen trees.

""No. I mean since you don't go to Georgetown or Princeton, I assume you're not headed back to college. So where are you headed? Are you staying here?" The brunette girl questioned with a smile.

"Would it be too forward of me to say I'll go where ever you go?" He responded smiling back at the girl riding next to him.

"Why thank you milord." Anna taunted the young man. She knew how much it annoyed him when she addressed him like that.

"Anna. How many times have I told you to stop doing that?" Alex spoke as he laughed.

"I'm just preparing for when I meet the queen. Those DVDs make it out to be very scary."

"Well you seem very prepared." Alex spoke before he made a left turn onto a different road with Anna following close behind him.

After cycling through a street of houses and into Hamptons town, the young pair decided that it was time for a lunch break in the local restaurant.

"As you've probably guessed, I have to get back to the city. Senior year awaits." Anna informed the dark blonde young man sitting next to her as the waiter handed over two menus.

"Hmmm. Let me think. A beautiful girl, autumn in New York. I think I could find someway to entertain myself." Alex replied with his usual smile as the pair looked at one and other.

"Really?"

"Absolutely. My family will be glad I'm staying in one place for a while." Alex spoke up.

"Ah yes, your family. I can't wait to meet the Duke and Duchess."

"The duchess, aw yeh, well, we'll see." Anna felt the awkwardness rise at the table as they looked at one and other.

"Will you excuse me for a moment?" She asked with a smile while taking her bag in her hand and heading out the front door while pulling her phone out in order to call Serena, who was hanging out with Blair at the minute.

"Things are going south with Lord Marcus." Anna spoke down the phone as Serena picked up.

"Who's Lord Marcus?" Serena asked confused.

"Alex." Blair's voice reminded the blonde she was walking with while listening to the phone conversation between her two best friends.

"Turns out he was only pretending to be a commoner. It's like Roman Holiday only I'm Gregory Peck and he's Audrey Hepburn."

"Ah. Suddenly it's all so clear."

"He's not really a college student. He's a lord and I love him."