Chapter 22

New Haven Can Wait

Rise and shine, early birds. Gossip Girl here. We all have dreams. Some good, some bad. Some fun and Freudian. And some are the dreams we've had our whole lives.

Although Anna Hawthorne was certain on attending Columbia University right here in the city, her mother had still begged her to take the opportunity she was given this weekend and attend Yale for the tour along with her fellow classmates.

Anna knew that she would never attend Yale. It was never where she wanted to go nor where she seen herself in the fall or for the next few years of her life but she knew there was no harm in seeing her mother's alma mater.

To say that Diana Hawthorne was excited was the understatement of the year. The older woman couldn't believe that her daughter wanted to tour the New Haven Ivy League school. Although Diana knew it was simply because Columbia weren't offering tours this weekend, but she'd take the opportunity while she had it.

The weather in New Haven was absolutely beautiful, making the Yale campus look even more marvellous than in the pictures. The brunette girl held her head high as she strolled through the campus taking in her surroundings.

She passed by several groups of current Yale students before she was finally stopped by a young male with dark blonde hair who had previously been sat talking with his friends.

"Hey. You look lost. Want some help?" The boy questioned as he jogged away from his friends and towards the brunette stranger walking through his school.

"No. I think I'm good." Anna assured the boy as she stood with her information sheets in hand. "Do I really look that lost?"

"No. But it gave me an excuse to talk to you." He said with a smile looking nervous at the unfamiliar girl before him.

"Smooth." The New York native replied with a smile too.

"Thanks. I'm Lucas." He introduced himself as he held out his hand for her to shake.

"Anna." She replied while shaking his hand.

"So, Anna, what school are you visiting from?" Lucas questioned as they started to walk along the path and away from his friends.

"Constance. It's in New York." The brunette girl informed him as she brushed her hair from her face:

"Oh, New York. So you know probably know Nate Archibald?" Lucas asked her about her friend from back home, who had also chosen to tour Yale this weekend while he too wanted to attend Columbia just like Anna.

"Yeh. How do you know Nate?" She questioned in confusion about his knowledge of the Archibald boy. She didn't quiet understand how this stranger all the way in New Haven knew of Nate.

"We're talking about his dad, 'the captain' in Econ. The guy's likes a modern Milken. I can just imagine how bad his son in." Lucas explained his knowledge of Nate and Howard.

"You know nothing about the captain or Nate. What gives you the right to judge him based on his father's actions." Anna informed him as they came to halt in the middle of campus where everyone had a clear view of their conversation.

"Oh come on. His dad fled the country on the account of fraud and embezzlement charges. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." The dark blonde hair boy told Anna.