Chapter 37

Reversal Of Fortune

Welcome back, Upper East Siders. After a long, hot summer away I see it didn't take much time for you to dirty up the clean slates I gave you. My inbox is overflowing, so let's get to the good stuff shall we? Spotted: Chuck Bass up to his old tricks. Poor A. I guess nothing good lasts forever.

Anna ran her hand through her long brown curly locks as she stood in the bathroom of an uptown restaurant. She admired the summer tan she had received due to the hot sun of the last few months that she had so thoroughly enjoyed. But maybe it was also the company she kept that helped her enjoy the summer so much, or the games they spent their time playing.

Anna exited the bathroom as she adjusted her dress. She wiped the smile from her face and replaced it with a scowl as she prepared to turn the corner to find a certain brown haired boy and his next target.

"What the hell is going on?" Anna exclaimed as she turned the corner and walked towards Chuck and a blonde stranger.

"Anna?" Chuck spoke as if he was shocked to see his girlfriend present in the restaurant as the blonde stepped back from the Bass boy.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know he had a girlfriend." The stranger apologized.

"Yes you did." Chuck replied to her before turning to Anna. "She did."

"Ashley Henshaw, how could you? Someone in a relationship? Have you no pride? No self respect?" Anna wondered out loud.

"I didn't know-" Ashley was cut off as Anna continued to speak.

"Now take your poreless skin and your American girl hair and get out." Anna raised her voice slightly at the end.

"Okay, you're crazy." The blonde told her before leaving the couple alone. Anna turned her gaze to Chuck and continued to hold the angry look on her face.

"Hey." Chuck spoke softly causing her to drop the act and smile.

"Hi." She replied before walking towards him and wrapping her arms around d his neck before the kissed. "I missed you."

"Then let's get out of here." Chuck spoke.

"Or we could stay." Anna smiled once again before reconnecting their lips for the second time.

——————————

"Wait, you do what? I go to Europe for three months and you turn from Jane Austen to Anais Nin? Is there anything Chuck Bass can't get you to do?" Serena asked the Hawthorne girl as the three best friends walked through the city.

"It was my idea." Anna replied with a smile.

"No, no, it wasn't." Blair added on.

"Yeah, we... We had our honeymoon period, and it was perfect. But while other couples settle, we were determined to keep things interesting. So Chuck plays the cheating bastard and I play the scorned woman. I even get to choose who to humiliate. Models, Upper West Siders." Anna explained her and Chuck's plan for their relationship.

"I don't know if anybody ever told you the honeymoon is supposed to end. The real part is when you settle down. The three-month milestone." Serena told Anna as she stepped in front of her to stop her from walking any further.