Chapter 24

Pret -a- Poor -J

Anna Hawthorne had opted to walk to school today in order to clear her head of all things Bass related. She held her umbrella of her head to block out the droplets of water that fell from the sky as a limo slowed down next to her.

The black tinted window of the limo rolled down to reveal the one man she had been trying to avoid.

"Wanna get in?" Chuck questioned as he leant his head out the open window slightly. "I'd love to give you a ride."

"Oh, I'm sure you would. Too bad you've made the terms of that arrangement impossible." Anna replied as she continued to walk.

"About that, maybe I was a little too hasty. Come on, get in." Chuck spoke as the limo came to a stop and so did the brunette walking next to it.

"Maybe I don't want you anymore." Anna tried to convince not only herself but Chuck.

"Don't torture me. I'm dying." Chuck begged as Anna's mind had its own internal battle on weather or not to agree. After thinking for a moment she stepped forward and reached for the door but not before Chuck pressed the lock. "All you have to do it say those three magic words."

"I hate you." Anna replied before the tinted window went up separating herself and the Bass boy leaving her to walk to school in the New York City rain.

——————————

"You have to help me destroy Chuck Bass." Anna spoke as she grabbed Blair's arm and pulled her towards where Serena and Dan were sitting in the courtyard talking.

"I'll take that as my cue to leave." Dan said as he started to stand up.

"You're very perspective." Blair replied sarcastically earning her a look from her fellow brunette friend.

"Dan, wait. If Anna is having a problem with Chuck, a man's perspective could be helpful." Serena pointed out as she stopped Dan from leaving.

"I agree. Dan, sit down." Anna pointed towards the seat where the Brooklyn native was previously sitting.

"If you're plotting against Chuck Bass, I'm sure I could think of something." Dan replied as he sat back down.

"Fine. She has an itch only Chuck can scratch and he won't oblige unless she tells him she loves him." Blair said with a smile hoping her briefing of the situation would chase Dan away.

"Blair! Really?" Anna exclaimed as she scowled her best friend for her awful description.

"You need help getting Chuck to sleep with you? Really?" Dan asked confused.

"Are you judging me?" Anna questioned in reply.

"Sorry. No judging, only helping." Dan apologised. "So do you love him?"

"No, no. Of course not." Anna assured him and her friends.

"Then why don't you just say it to get what you want? Guys have been doing that since forever." Dan spoke.

"I can't. Because that would mean Chuck wins." Anna reminded Dan.

"Right, but if you say it, then you get him and you win." Dan pointed out to the Hawthorne girl.