Chapter 23: Ripper in Disguises

HARLEY'S POV

HARLEY'S POV

As I was about to head over to the Salvatores as today according to Damon today was the day that AJ was coming home. I was so excited, to see her since it had been about a month. As I was heading out the door, Klaus said, "And, where are you going?" I smiled, "The Salvatore's so I can see AJ when she gets here." He shook his head, "No love, you are staying here. Damon called and said they're having her an intervention of sorts, therefore you are staying here in case of any 'accidents'. I plan on giving her memories back to her, I hope that in doing that she'll snap out of her ripper state." I nodded saying, "If you're having an intervention I'm coming. An intervention is made up of family and friends, I'm both, therefore, I'm going too." He gave me a stern look, "No, you're not.  You are staying here, all will be fine in your absence." I huffed, "I'll be fine, I just want to see my best friend." He sighed, "And you will when she's not a ripper, until then you will keep your distance." I rolled my eyes, "I don't see the big deal. I was around Stefan when he was a ripper and he never did anything." He nodded, "Well, still. I can't have anything happen to you little wolf."  I sighed, "Fine, call me if you want me to come." He nodded heading out the door to the Salvatore's.

I sat down a bit upset that I couldn't go, she's my best friend I knew she would never hurt me. Even since I got pregnant it was like everyone thought I was incapable of anything. I mean I'm pregnant, not useless.

JADE'S POV

We weren't far away from the Salvatores, the drive wasn't very long but it made me very nervous. I was excited to see my family and friends, I just hope everything goes okay. We pulled into the driveway and I took a deep breath. "it'll be okay babe" Kai said reassuringly. I nodded smiling at him, I got out of the car and straightened my dress out. Kai snaked his arm around my waist, walking to the door. I opened the door and all eyes were on me and Kai. My dad was the first to hug me, I hugged him back and expected to be met with Harley. She never greeted me so I asked "where's Harley?" that's when Klaus answered "oh shes at home, but you got me" he smiled. I smiled a sad smile at the thought of Harley ignoring me, "oh okay, guys this Kai" "oh sweetheart they know me." he said smirking, the smirk that I grew to love over the past month. "yeah we definitely know you" Damon spat "and we want you to leave" Stefan said crossing his arms, I frowned "he's not going anywhere" Kai smirked at them "you heard the babe, I'm not going anywhere" he said sitting in the armchair. Damon sighed and pulled me to sit beside him on the couch, I gladly accepted. We all sat in silence until I spoke up "why did you want me here?" They all glanced a knowing glance at each other, "well we want to help you" Stefan said, "help me with what?" "help you with your addiction" Damon said patting my shoulder. I laughed "Damn Damon you make it seem like I'm a junkie again" "well according to Harley you're a ripper" Damon snapped. "are you fucking crazy?" I said angrily, I stood up abruptly as Klaus sped over to me he grabbed my shoulders and stared into my eyes. That was crazy, I just got flooded with tons of new memories. Memories of me and Stefan without Damon, memories of me and Klaus raising hell, and the most important memory, Stefan pressuring me to be like him. A ripper. These were all memories from the 20s, the 20s when Damon was God knows where and I was stuck with Stefan through his ripper phase which also was mine. I stumbled back, Damon catching me and sitting me down. "babydoll, what's wrong?" Damon asked as everyone looked concerned besides Klaus, Klaus looked saddened as he knew what it was. I looked at Stefan angrily "you!" I pointed my finger at him and walked slowly towards him. "what did I do?" he asked holding his hands up in defense. "you made me this way! you're the reason I'm like this!" "What the hell is going on?" Damon says confused. "He made me this way when Mr.Ripper was all rippery he pressured me into it." Damons face fell "what the fuck is wrong with you Stefan?" "I seriously don't know!" Stefan said defensively.

"he decided to make me like him, he pressured me into being like him," I said starting to cry, Kai was quick to comfort me. "Jade, I'm so sorry," Stefan said trying to comfort me. "listen Stefon, I think you've done enough," Kai snapped. I didn't feel the urge to kill anymore, I just felt sad and empty. I went up to the bathroom to try to calm down, Kai followed me up. He hugged me and asked, "are you okay?" I shook my head no "I just don't feel the same way I did a month ago, I don't have that urge anymore." Kai's arms fell from around me "oh, well babe it's been fun but I got to go" sadness flashed on his face, but he hid it. "What do you mean?" it felt like my heart was being ripped from my chest as he simply said "got to go" and gave me a kiss on the cheek before leaving.

HARLEY'S POV

It had been a few hours since AJ was supposed to get here and have her intervention. I sat in the living room waiting for Klaus to return so I wouldn't be bored. As I was about to text him and ask him about how it went there was a knock at the door. I stood up saying out loud to no one really, "I didn't lock the door he can get in." As I opened the door I gave a small squeal before pulling AJ into a hug. I let go of her as I said, "Missed you!" I looked at her face seeing the sadness in it before saying, "What's wrong? Who needs to die?" She gave a small laugh at that as she walked in saying, "No one needs to die, it just. He left me." I was a bit confused, "What are you talking about?" She sighed, " Kai left me because I don't feel the urge to kill anymore. Klaus gave me my memories, I saw how I was. How Stefan made me, I saw everything I did. I don't want to do that anymore. I don't want to hurt anyone, Kai left because I told him that." I could feel the sadness coming off of her as I pulled her into a hug saying, "That's okay, it's his loss. He didn't deserve you anyway. If he didn't love the real you, he wasn't worth it." "I just thought Kai could've been different, I guess not," she said lowering her head.

I wanted to comfort her in some way but I just didn't know how she had been hurt so much in the past month. As I was thinking about how I could comfort her she said, "Why didn't you tell me you moved up your wedding?" I shrugged, "You had just called off an engagement and were hurting. I didn't want to, um, well I guess, I didn't want to rub it in your face that my engagement wasn't bad and that I actually was gonna get married." She shook her head, "Harlez, I'm happy for you. It wouldn't have been rubbing it in my face. It's not your fault my relationship was ruined. I just wish you would have said hey my wedding is sooner than planned. When exactly is it anyway?"  I gave a smile, "Two weeks." She smiled, "that's great! Do you need help planning it?" I laughed a bit, "Yes, please. There is so much to do." She laughed, "Okay let's get started." With that, we went and started to plan my wedding.