Chapter 11: Girl in New Orleans

HARLEY'S POV

HARLEY'S POV

 I sat in the living flipping threw a book as Rebekah typed on her laptop, Agnes, on of the witches, sat beside me. I turned to her, " I told you Agnes, I feel great!" She shook her head, " You are overdue for a checkup."  I huffed,"  What am I gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch? Nothing to see here!" Rebekah looked up from her computer with jealously in her voice, "A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours." Agnes then said, "I know a doctor out in the Bayou, off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it." I rolled my eyes saying, "Okay, fine. Bayou-baby-doctor it is." I stood up walking into the kitchen looking for AJ. She was sitting drinking blood from a blood bag as I sat down, I said, " Well, we're going to a bayou baby doctor today." She gave me a confused look ," What are talking about?" I sighed, " I have an appointment with a doctor in the bayou, that we have to go to or Rebekah will hang me my by toes."  She laughed shaking her had, " Okay, so is that not against the leaving the house rule?" I scoffed, " I guess not, I have no idea."  She nodded, " What time is the appointment?" I shrugged, " Agnes is supposed to come and get us for it." She nodded as I sat on the counter making a bowl of cereal.  

***

It was dark by the time Agnes came to get me she wouldn't let anyone else go with me saying it would draw attention. So I went alone even though AJ didn't like that to well. We pulled up to a dark house in the middle of the woods, I heard an owl hoot as I asked, "This is the doctor's office?" She laughed a bit, "Dr. Paige is only this far out because Marcel's men kept terrorizing her patients. Go! She won't bite!"  I got out of the car making my way to the clinic. As I walked I got a very bad feeling the closer I got. 

Once I was in the clinic Dr. Paige started giving me an ultrasound, as she put the wand on my stomach I could hear the heart beats, tiny, fast, and strong. She smiled at me saying, " Your babies heart rates are perfect." I laughed, " I knew it. I just had that feeling."  She handed me a tissue to wipe of the gel which I did as I sat up.  I got a text from AJ saying, " Where are you?" as Dr. Paige said, "Your blood pressure is a bit high, I've got something for it." She walked into the room where Agnes was waiting as I sent back to AJ," Bayou clinic with doctor." 

 As I was waiting I heard a wolf howl, I jumped a bit as it did. I made my way to the window to see car head lights coming this way. Shit, I knew something was wrong. Dr. Paige came back in and I nervously said, "Ahh, you know, I'm-I'm actually not that good with pills." She smiled nervously,"  Heh, neither am I, truth be told." She set down the cup with medicine and start fixing something else as group of intimidating-looking men walk into the clinic and whisper something I couldn't hear to Agnes. I turned back around to Dr. Paige preparing a syringe, and before I knew it she lunged at me, trying to inject me with whatever was in the syringe.  I grabbed her arm pushing it away from me before headbutting her, disorientating her. I then took the syringe and injected her with it, causing her to pass out. The men then saw this and ran toward me but before they could come in I shut and locked the door. Keeping them on the outside of the door. As one guy is trying to open the door, I started trying to open the window.  He opened the door as I hopped out the window running away from the clinic.

JADE'S POV

 I had a feeling something was when Harley left, I was right as I saw Harley run up to some guys that were following her. As she kicks the first man she hits him in the gut before knocking him to the ground. She jumps and kicks the second man down as well as she snaps his neck. A third man tries to attack her, but she grabs a knife from his hands and cuts his neck with it as she spins in the air. When a fourth lunges toward her, she grabs his shotgun and knocks him to the ground, and possibly kills him as she kicks him and beats him in the head with the butt of the gun. As Harley crouched into a defensive position on the ground, her eyes flash werewolf-blue as she looks around for any more threats. A large, burly man descends upon her, but before she could  react, I snapped his neck.  Saying, " Have to say, I'm impressed." Out of breath she said, "How did you find me?" I said, "Your text got me halfway, vamping here did the rest. Who are they?" She shook her head," Witches. Warlocks. Whatever." I saw more flashlights coming towards us and I looked at her, "There're more of them. Run!" As Harley started reluctantly runny I was shoot in the shoulder with two arrow, neutralizing me for a second as Harley screamed, "Jade!" I watched unable to move as she was then shoot in the shoulder as well, it had to have coated in something as she fell to the ground passing out. That's when I to passed out.

***

I woke up in the wood by myself, I pulled the arrows from my shoulder as I stood up seeing Harley was no where to be seen. I started screaming, "Harley! Harley!" Nothing. I walked around the clinic having no idea where Harlez was, as I saw the doctor passed out with a syringe in her neck. As I was looking at her Klaus popped out of know where. I was shocked saying, "Wow! You abandoned your quest for power to help out your family! Having an off day?" He calmly said, "Who took her, Jade?" I shook my head, "I don't know." He was getting less calm as he said, "What do you mean, you don't know? And who killed her attackers?" I shook my head again, " I don't know! I had an arrow in my shoulder. If it wasn't Harley who killed them, then–" I was cut off by wolves howling, he gave me a confused look raising his eyebrow. I sighed, "Maybe her cousins will know where she is."

We walked out side to see Harley stumbling towards us, her clothes now dirty and torn. She looked dazed and exhausted as we ran towards her. Klaus basically screamed at her, "Harley! What happened? Tell me what happened." She shook her head groggily saying, "I can't remember." Klaus anxiously checked her for wounds saying, "You've completely healed. There's not a scratch on you.' She gave a weak smile, "One of the perks of being a werewolf, remember?" He shook his head, "No, not that fast." I made my way over to her putting my arm around her protectively saying, "Leave her alone!" I thought for a second as I walked her to the steps sitting her down before saying, "It's the babies. The vampire blood-- Klaus' vampire blood-- in your system. It can heal any wound." He looked at her intrigued as I said, " Your own children healed you." Klaus smiled at that as I then thought to ask, "How did you escape? You were outnumbered, unarmed? Those men were ripped to shreds!" Her voice went quite as she said, "I think it was the wolf. I think it's trying to protect me."

Klaus turned to her anger in his voice, "The witches were supposed to protect you! When I get my hands on Sophie Deveraux--" She shook her head, "It wasn't Sophie. It was Agnes."  He shook he's head furiously, " Fine! Agnes, Sophie, it's all the same to me! I'll slaughter the lot of them!" That's when Rebekah came saying, " Not if Elijah gets there first." I turned to look at her saying, "Elijah? Did you find him?" She nodded, " He's been in touch, and he has a plan. All he asks is that we take care of Harley at the moment." Harley then said,"  Hey, so... can we go home now? I'd really like to sleep for a few days..." Klaus smiled at her nodding as she tried to walk, her knees buckled as she stumbled and started to fall, but Klaus zoomed over to catch her before she hit the ground and scooped her up into a bridal-carry in his arms. As he held her he said, "Ooh, I've got you, love. I've got you."