Chapter 18: A Turn of Events

HARLEY'S POV

HARLEY'S POV

As Elijah said that I knew the answer automatically, " Black." His face wrinkled as he said, " A black engagement ring?" I nodded, "Yep, she'll love it." He shook his head, " Alright but, I was talking more in look wise, like cut and karat." I shrugged, " Now that's all you I have no idea about that." He sighed shaking his head turning to Klaus giving him a look that said 'well'. Klaus answered with, "What are you looking at me for?" He sighed, " Well, seeing as how you've bought one before and are my brother I figured you would help." Klaus sighed, " Alright, to be honest, I walked in and looked for a purple one that was shiny." Elijah shook his head looking at Klaus saying, " You are useless." As Elijah walked away I tried holding in my laughter, although I couldn't contain it when Klaus looked at me saying, "I told him the truth." As I was laughing he shook his head standing up saying, "Well I'm going out for a bit be back soon." He placed a kiss on my forehead as I said, " Where are you going?" He simply said, "Out be back soon, little wolf." I nodded as he walked out of the house. It wasn't late by any means, but it was already dark. I sat in the living room for a bit before seeing Elijah head out of the house as well, once he was gone AJ walked down taking a seat in front of me. As she sat down I smiled at her which she reciprocated but I could tell was forced. "Want to talk about it?"
She shook her head, "No, there's nothing to talk about. I know he's not cheating. Well, I believe he's not but, I can't help but wonder why he's so secretive lately." I knew the answer he was gonna propose but, I couldn't really tell her that. I said, "I don't think he is. He knows if he does he'll have a bunch of angry vampires, an angry werewolf, and an angry hybrid that will kill him nonstop." She laughed, "I know but, let's hope we don't need to attack." I laughed saying, "So what are we gonna do about that book?"
She shook her head, "I don't know. I want to help them but, I have no idea where Marcel is so I don't know where the book is." I thought for a second, "Who says he has the book? What if he left it? It could still be here." Her eyes lit up as she said, "I never thought about that, it could be. Let's look."

JADE'S POV

I hopped up from my seat quickly, glancing around to where the book might be. "do you think he would've left it in the study?" I asked Harley. "I don't know, we can look there first," she said as she made her way up the stairs, I followed her. We went into the study and looked on every shelf. As Harley was looking on the last shelf, I saw a black and gold book sitting on the main top of the shelf near the shelf she was at. "Harley I think I fucking found it," I said excitedly, I grabbed the book and opened it. "Woah," Harley said. "I know this is sick!" I said as she laughed. She took the book out of my hands flipping through it "hey I think this is the spell" "I think so too, you better call them and let them know we got the book." I said as she nodded. "We still have some time until then, we better keep this on the down-low so Klaus and Elijah don't find out or we'll never hear the end of it." I nodded "yeah definitely, but I feel like I'm the one being secretive with Elijah now" I looked at her sadly. "We're doing this for a good cause, plus we haven't spoken to anyone about this so technically they don't know we're doing anything its just like we're doing our own business" she was trying to reassure me, but I still felt guilty. "I guess." "hey it'll be okay," she said smiling. As I was about to say something else, I hear something. Harley looks at me like I'm crazy "what?!" "shhh" I said, I could tell this wasn't Klaus or Elijah. It didn't sound like their footsteps. I whispered to Harley "hide. Now." she was freaking out but did as I said as she hid under the desk as I made my way out. I was ready for anything to protect Harley and the kids. My vampire form was out as I walked slowly down the hallway, I seen a strange man and instantly attacked. He fought back somewhat but I ripped his heart out. I saw two more men and did the same thing. That is until I heard Harley scream. I vamp sped to her only to be met with nothing in the room, I searched frantically and I felt a bag being put over my head and it all went dark after that as my neck was snapped.
Harley's POV
When AJ said hide I was confused but did as she said, I could tell she had heard something but what I didn't know. I hid under the desk hoping everything would be okay. I heard footsteps getting closer, I barely peeked my head out and saw the back of a man. I put my head back under the desk hoping he wouldn't see me but as I scooted back farther to the back of the desk my hand was cut on something. I held in the pain from cutting my hand but within a second the man was upon me as he was a vampire. He smelt my blood, he looked at my hand which was now bleeding before saying, " Marcel said not to but, a little taste can't hurt." Before I knew it he grabbed me biting my palm where I was bleeding. As I screamed he stopped, only to speed me away.
Klaus' POV
I arrived home at the same time as Elijah who I assumed had left to get Jades engagement ring. As we walked in I said, "So, did you get one?"
He nodded, "Yes, I did. Without any of your help." I scoffed as I walked into the parlor saying, "Harley!" Nothing Elijah then yelled for Jade to no avail. We walked upstairs thinking maybe they had gone up there. What we saw was three dead bodies and the study door wide open. We ran into the room looking for the two to see nothing, but blood. I sniffed the air only to be met with the smell of Harley's blood as well as the blood of the men.  I looked to Elijah, "Whoever has taken them will pay." He nodded saying, "Agreed."
Harley's POV
After he sped me away he blindfolded me so I couldn't see where I was being taken too. Though it wasn't long before the blindfold was removed and I was locked in a room. I started to look around to find AJ laying on a couch. I shook her saying, "Come on Jade, please. Please don't be dead." She wouldn't wake up and I honestly didn't know if she was dead or alive. I stood back up trying to find a way out of the room, all I could find was a window that was reachable if you was on someone's shoulders. As I was trying the door again I heard a gasp. I looked over to see AJ sitting up, I ran over to her, "Thank god! I couldn't tell if they had killed you or not."
She laughed, "It's gonna take a lot more than that to kill me. Are you okay?" I nodded, "I think so, my hand healed almost immediately." She gave me a confused look, "Huh?"
I shook my head, "I cut my hand then that asshole drunk some of my blood." She nodded, "Okay but, your okay so now what happened?"
I shook my head, "I don't know why but, the guy that brought me here before he drank my blood he said that Marcel told him not to." She nodded, "So he was the one that napped us." I nodded, "I guess but, why. Do you think it's because of?" I finished by pointing at my stomach. She shrugged, "I don't know, all I know is that we're getting out of here."