Epilogue *tears stream down my face*

Recap:

"I wasn't just you, Luke. I am equally to blame. I played with your feelings and led you on when I was still in love with your brother. I shouldn't have done that. And I'm a horrible person for it, so please don't feel like you were the one who fucked all this shit up in the first place. Because it was me." I said, and felt the pricks of on coming tears in my eyes. Why the fuck am I going to cry? I don't have the right anymore. "I'm a horrible person." I breathed.

"Alex," I could hear worry in his voice; he shouldn't be the one worrying! He's the one who is injured. "It's okay, you aren't a horrible person." He said, I didn't think he could hear me. "You've just made horrible choices." And with that, my tears broke free, and he pulled me into an awkward hug, considering I was still on the floor, half of my body facing away from him, and he was still laying on the couch. "Friends?" He mumbled into my shoulder.

"Friends."

~ End of Recap ~

"Finally, the night of our twenty-first birthday party is here. You excited?" I asked, glancing over at Jai. He was sitting on the soft dark colored couch that sat in the middle of the main room.

He looked more nervous than excited. "Yes." He said quickly, then smiled up at me. There was a soft knock on the door of the apartment that Jai and I now own together, I stood from the love seat that sat with one side connecting to the couch that Jai was sitting on, and walked to the wooden door, and pulled it open. There stood Beau, his girlfriend Claire, and Gina. I stepped aside, and let them into the warm main room.

"Hey Alex," Beau said, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek, before leading Claire over to the couch and sitting down, immediately diving into a conversation with Jai.

"Where's Luke?"  I asked Gina, who was shrugging her coat off and hanging it up.

"He's on his way. He should be here soon." She said smiling, then looked back to the door when there was another soft knock. "I bet that's him, now." She said, and walked over to sit next to Claire and started up a conversation.

I made my way back to the door, and opened it. No Luke.

"Mum?" I asked, surprised.

"Hi, honey..." She answered awkwardly, fiddling with the fringe on the edge of her scarf, and not quite looking me in the eye.

"No offense, but what are you doing here?"

At my comment, her eyes snapped to mine, "I may have made some shitty mistakes in the past, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to be here for your big moments in life. Now I know tonight isn't your exact birthday, but it is your party. Speaking of birthdays and parties, here." She said, putting her hand in her coat pocket and drew out a small rectangular box, placing it in my hand. 

I glanced down at it, then back to her, realizing that I was still blocking the entryway to my apartment. I moved over, and let her in. She awkwardly shuffled in, and sat off to the side petting the small golden puppy Jai had surprised me with a few months ago. We named him Skip because Daniel had liked him so much- and it was a kind of joke.

I was just shutting the door, when I heard Niall and Dad walking down the wide hallway.

"Hey guys," I greeted, and gave them a quick hug, stopping them before they walked in. "Niall, Dad, Mum is here..." I said unsure of how they would take it. Actually, they took it the complete opposite way that I thought they would.

"I know," replied Dad, "I invited her."

I just stood there, shocked. After a few seconds I returned my smile to my face. "Okay," And with that they walked in, and even more shockingly, walked right over to Mum and started talking.

Now all who was left to arrive is Daniel, James, and Luke. I turned my body, leaving the door open, and walked into the small kitchen, placing the box Mum had given me on the table, and quickly opened it. I gasped, there was a beautiful necklace, there was a sparkling diamond pendant curving twice like a serpent, hanging from a thin silver chain. I picked it up, dangling the pendant in front of my eyes, then cupped my other hand, and let the necklace fall into it, the chain pooling around the diamonds like a pool of silver water. I smiled down at it, then took the clasp in my pointer and thumb, unclasping it, and took the opposite end in my other fingers and re-clasped it around my neck. I glanced down at it, then turned and grabbed a glass of water. Pretty soon, I heard Daniel's voice ring out.

"Fuck off, you little fuck. You're just going to have to admit you were wrong for once in your life." He said, clearly laughing at what I presume to be James. Sure enough, they strode into the house, Daniel smiling like and idiot, and James, frowning grumpily.

They sat down on the love seat and I smiled to myself, I stopped looking at them through the little hole that lets me see into the main room from the kitchen, put my glass down, and walked out to greet the other boys.

"Aww James and Daniel... so when are you guys going to make it official?" I asked smiling crazily at them, as the turned to look at me, then each other and burst into laughter.

"Erm... not any time soon." Daniel replied, going along with it. But I couldn't help but notice that James shifted  away from his friend, to the edge of the love seat - but was still laughing, his face lit up by a huge smile dancing across his features.

We talked about pointless things most of the night, until Luke walked in, Jai looking over at him, then stood up, looking at me. Everyone else sat down on the couch and extra chairs I had brought in from the kitchen, and left me standing awkwardly in the center of the room.

"Jai? What's going on?" I chuckled nervously, he disappeared, returning to me with some type of journal or picture album in his hand. He made his way over to stand in front of me, not answering.

I looked around at the faces of my family- blood related or not. They all were grinning like idiots, except Mum; she just gave me a knowing smile. I looked back to Jai, he was holding out the album to me; I took it and opened it to the first page-

And gasped.

There were three things on that first page. A picture of us at our eighteenth birthday party when Jai first proposed, and below it, the most beautiful diamond ring I have ever seen in my entire life; and below the ring, a note.

Alex,

The Last time I asked you this question, you refused me. Said we were too young, and we should wait. Well, I would like to tell you I have waited long enough; these four years since you said no were like my own personal hell- and heaven. I got to spend these years with you; but also knew that you didn't want to marry me yet. Don't you agree four years has been much to long? I am crazy in love with you, and it broke my heart when you said no that last time, so please, don't shatter my heart again.

Tears were filling my eyes as I finished reading the note, a ridiculously big smile playing across my lips.

"Alex," Jai started, all nervousness gone now, I looked up from the scrawled letters on the white paper, and at the one person I ever truly loved like this. "Will you marry me?" 

I tore my eyes away from Jai, and looked to Luke. Luke, standing hand-in-hand with his amazingly nice, and perfect-for-him girlfriend, Isabelle. I had told him that he would find that one special girl, and now he has.

I looked back to Jai, "Yes."

___________________________________________________________________________

WAAHHHHHHH IT'S OVER.. but I have an idea for a sequel.... :D I have had so much fun writing this, and I really hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as I liked writing it.

Please vote and comment, it means the world to me.

And thank you. Thank you all for everything, even if you are a ghost reader, thank you. You all are the only reason I have kept writing, and got even the smallest amount of acknowledgement on this story. It truly means the world to me.

Since I updated this sooner than I thought I would, I will try and write the first chapter of the sequel soon. Thank you, truly for everything.

Farewell my little potatoes.

:')