Chapter Two

"Should I wake her up?" I could hear Jai saying to someone.

"Well... I mean it is eleven am.." I heard Skip say.

I just lay quietly, on the couch, waiting for Jai to come get me. Sure enough I felt his warm hand on my arm. I looked up at his face, and smiled. He smiled back at me and pulled me up into a sitting position.

"Hey sleeping beauty, are you hungry?" Jai asked sitting down next to me.

“No, not yet.” I replied yawning.

“Okay, well Skip is going to go and get some lunch from Hungry Jacks, he’s gonna get something for you for later.” Jai said looking up at Skip who had just walked into the room.

“So, what do you want?” Skip asked heading over to the door.

“I don’t really care.” I answered resting my head on Jai’s shoulder.

“Okay, I’ll be back in about fifteen minutes.” Skip said walking out the door.

“See ya.” Jai yelled after him. “So, what do you wanna do while we are waiting?” He said turning back to me.

“I don’t know... do you have any ideas?” I asked looking hopefully at him.

“Umm... do ya wanna play would you rather?” He asked after a moment of thought.

“Uhh sure.” I said playing with his hand.

“Okay, would you rather eat a bucket of dog treats or cat treats?” He said, shifting his position on the couch.

“Cat treats. Would you rather eat lizard skin or snake skin?”

“Aren’t they the same thing?”

“No. Now answer the question.”

“Lizard.” He answered. “I got a good one. Would you rather kiss me or Luke?” He said with an evil look in his eye.

“Uhh...” I just stared at him, my eyes wide.

“Answer the question. Don’t leave me hangin’!” He said with a tiny smile on his face.

“Uhh... I guess you.” I said slowly.

Before I knew it Jai started leaning in. I could feel his breath on my lips, our faces were inches apart. He hesitated for a moment, then closed the distance between us. Our lips molded together perfectly, his lips were warm and soft. My hands went to his hair and neck. He slowly pushed me onto my back. He was laying on top of me, one hand on my hip and the other above my head to support some of his weight.

I heard the door open, I pushed him off of me before Skip could see what had happened. Jai jumped to the opposite side of the couch. I could feel the blood rushing to my face.

“Hey guys, I’m back with the food.” Skip said walking into the room and putting the food on the coffee table. He plopped down on the other couch and looked at us. We were as far away from each other as possible.

“Umm... thanks Skip.” I said and grabbed a random bag off the table. I opened it to find a burger and fries. I ate a few fries in silence

“Who died?” Skip said jokingly.

We just looked at him, I was still blushing. The smile slowly slid off Skip's face.

“Oookayyyy....” He said and stood up and walked into the kitchen.

The room was filled with an awkward silence.

“You should eat before it gets cold...” I muttered to Jai.

“Alex... I’m so sorry. I don’t know what came over me.” Jai said looking at me.

“It’s okay, Jai. It’s just as much of my fault as it is yours. I didn’t stop you.” I said putting my food down and scooching over to him. He wrapped his arm hesitantly around me, and pulled me into a bear hug.

“I think I’m gonna get going... see you guys.” Skip said walking back into the room. He opened the door said good-bye again and left.

I looked up at Jai and pulled him into another kiss. For a couple seconds he just sat there, then he started kissing me back. He pulled me onto his lap, his arms wrapped around me once again.

“Ahem.”  I guess that no one noticed the door open, because the next thing I knew Skip was back in the house staring at us with his mouth hanging open.

“Skip... what are you doing here?!” Jai said pulling me off his lap, and back onto the couch next to him.

“I - I... c - came back f - for my f - food...” Skip stuttered. He practically fell onto the other couch. His eyes never left us.

“So... umm...” I said, trying to fill the awkward silence.

No one said anything else for about another ten minutes.

“So... are you two a... thing?” He asked, breaking the silence.

“Umm...” Jai said looking at me, “Do you want to be?” He finally asked.

I just nodded slowly and looked back at Skip.

“Okay. I think I’m going to go now. Bye.” He said grabbing his food and standing up.

“Skip? Can you keep this quiet for a little while?” Jai asked, grabbing Skip’s arm.

“Yeah... sure...” He replied, still in shock. He shuffled out of the door and closed it behind him.

* ** * ** * ** * ** * ** *

“Do you wanna sleepover tonight?” Jai’s mother, Gina asked after dinner.

“No, thanks. I probably should get home, actually.” I said looking at the clock that they had on their wall. It was already ten pm “I guess I’ll see you guys after school tomorrow?” I asked looking at Jai and Luke.

“Yeah, see ya.” Luke said standing up and pulling me into a hug.

“Do you want me to walk you home?” Jai asked me.

“Nah, I think I’m okay, thank you though.” I said smiling at him.

I walked out the door and onto the sidewalk. My house was only a few blocks away so I didn’t have to walk that far.

After about five minutes of thinking about everything that had gone on today, I reached my house and walked inside. “Mom! I’m home!” I yelled in the silent house. I ran upstairs to my room. I jumped into the shower, after I finished I got back into Jai’s sweatpants and T - Shirt. I brushed my teeth and jumped into my soft bed. I lay there for about two hours before I could finally sleep.