Part 4

AT ANOTHER TRAINING SESSION

Mitsuki: Today is about teamwork. Now, a wet dragon head can't light its fire. The Hideous Zippleback is extra tricky. One head breathes gas, the other head lights it. Your job is to know which is which.

Tenya: Razor sharp, serrated teeth that inject venom for pre-digestion. Prefers ambush attack, by crushing its victims--

Izuku: [On edge] Will you please stop that?!

Denki: If that dragon shows either of his faces, I'm gonna-- there!

Denki and Hanta drench Katsuki and Mina, thinking they were the Zippleback.

Mina: Hey! It's us, idiots!

Hanta: Your butts are getting bigger. We thought you were a dragon.

Denki: Not that there's anything wrong with a dragon-esque figure-- Ow!

Katsuki punches Denki in the face, and Mina throws her bucket at Hanta, who is then dragged into the wall of smoke.

Katsuki: Wait. [A tail knocks them off their feet]

Hanta: OH, I'M HURT! I AM VERY MUCH HURT!

Tenya: Chances of survival are dwindling into single-digits now. [A Zippleback head comes into view and Iida drenches it, only to realize it emits gas]

Tenya (cont.): Oh. Wrong head.

Mitsuki: Tenya! Now, Izuku!

Izuku throws the bucket of water at the head, but misses.

Izuku: Oh, come on!

Mitsuki: Izuku!

Izuku uses the hidden eel in his jacket to make the Hideous Zippleback back into his enclosure.

Izuku: Back! Back! Back! BACK! Now, don't you make me tell you again! Yes, that's right! Back into your cage. Now think about what you've done.

Izuku throws the eel in and shuts the door of the enclosure.

Izuku (cont.): Okay! So, are we done? Because I've got some things I need to, uh... Yep. I'll... see-see you tomorrow!

Izuku goes to the forge and makes a saddle for Eijiro. When he's finished he goes to the cove where Eijiro is.

Izuku: Hey!

Eijiro playfully runs away from izuku.

Izuku rides on Eijiro's back, tugging the prosthetic tail fin with a rope to change its position. The wind blows at them and they tumble backwards.

Eijiro crashes into a field of Dragon Nip and rolls in it comfortably.

Izuku (cont.): Whoa! [holds up Dragon Nip].

Izuku is back in dragon training and he holds up the dragon nip in his hand, carefully approaching it and rubbing it on the gronckles nose. The gronckle fall to the ground and starts moving playfully.

Iida: What was that? Some kind of trick? What did you do?

Sero: How'd you do that?

Mina: It was really cool.

Iida: Hey, Izuku!

Denki: Hey, Izuku, I've never seen a Gronckle do that before!

Izuku: I left my axe back in the ring. You guys go on ahead. I'll catch up with you.

Izuku goes back to the cove and scratches Eijiro in a caring way. He scratches the bottom of the neck causing Eijiro to fall asleep.