Part 2

(I'm changing the way I write what people say, sorry.)

In the mead hall

Inko: [Trying to persuade the village] Either we finish them, or they'll finish us! It's the only way we'll be rid of them! If we find the nest and destroy it, the dragons will leave. They'll find another home! One more search. Before the ice sets in. 

Viking: Those ships never come back.

Inko: We're Vikings! It's an occupational hazard! Now who's with me?!

The vikings were making up excuses to not go, and Inko didn't like it.

Inko: Alright. Those who stay will look after Izuku.

Aizawa: To the ships!

Mr. Kaminari: I'm with you, Inko!

Inko: That's more like it.

Mitsuki: Right, I'll pack my undies.

Inko: No, I need you to stay and train some new recruits.

Mitsuki: [Sarcastically] Oh, perfect. And while I'm busy, Izuku can cover the stall. Molten steel, razor sharp blades, lots of time to himself... what could possibly go wrong?

Inko: What am I going to do with him, Mitsuki?

Mitsuki: Put him in training with the others.

Inko: No, I'm serious.

Mitsuki: So am I.

Inko: He'd be killed before you let the first dragon out of its cage.

Mitsuki: Oh, you don't know that.

Inko: I do know that, actually.

Mitsuki: No, you don't.

Inko: No, actually, I do.

Mitsuki: No, you don't!

Inko: Listen, you know what he's like. From the time he could crawl, he's been... different. He doesn't listen, he has the attention span of a sparrow... I take him fishing, and he goes hunting for... for trolls!

Mitsuki: Trolls exist! They steal your socks. But only the left ones. What's with that?

Inko: When I was a girl...

Mitsuki: Oh, here we go.

Inko: My father told me to bang my head against a rock, and I did it. I thought it was crazy, but I didn't question him. And you know what happened?

Mitsuki: You got a headache.

Inko: That rock split in two. It taught me what a Viking could do, Mitsuki. He could-- He could crush mountains, level forests, tame seas! Even as a girl, I knew what I was, what I had to become. Izuku is not that girl.(even tho he's a boy)

Mitsuki: You can't stop him, Inko. You can only prepare him. Look, I know it seems hopeless, but the truth is, you won't always be around to protect him. He's going to get out there again. He's probably out there now.

Let's see what is happening with our little broccoli

Izuku was walking through the forest looking for the dragon.

Izuku: Oh, the gods hate me. Some people lose their knife or their mug. No, not me. I manage to lose an ENTIRE DRAGON?

Izuku encounters the Night Fury, bounded by his bola.

Izuku: Oh, wow. I did it. Oh, I did it! This fixes everything! Yes! I have brought down this mighty beast!

Izuku steps on the dragon's face, but it shoves him away.

Izuku: Whoa!

He takes out his knife.

Izuku: I'm going to kill you, dragon. I'm gonna cut out your heart and take it to my mother. I'm a Viking. I am a VIKING!

He looks down at the night fury and quickly shuts his eyes, not wanting to make himself regret it. He tries to go through with the execution, but he keeps thinking back to the look of horror and pain in the dragon's eyes. Finally, he hesitates one last time before putting his arms down and sighing.

Izuku: I did this.

Izuku begins cutting the ropes that bind the Night Fury. The dragon rolls Izuku over and roars in Izuku's face, leaving him unharmed as he leaves. Izuku whimpers and faints.

BACK HOME

The younger Midoriya walks through the door, covered in branches and leaves. His mother gets up from her chair as he sneakily tries to go up the stairs and avoid her.

Inko: Izuku.

Izuku: Mom! Uh... I have to talk to you, mom.

Inko: I need to speak with you too, son.

Izuku and Inko: [At the same time] I've decided I don't want / I think it's time you learn / to fight dragons. What?

Inko: You go first.

Izuku: No, no, you go first.

Inko: Alright. You get your wish. Dragon Training. You start in the morning.

Izuku: [Panicking] Oh, man, I should've gone first! Uh, 'cause I was thinking, you know, we have a surplus of dragon-fighting Vikings, but do we have enough... bread-making Vikings, or small home repair Vikings--?

Inko: You'll need this. [passes Izuku an axe]

Izuku: I don't want to fight dragons.

Inko: Come on. Yes, you do.

Izuku: Rephrase: Mom, I can't kill dragons.

Inko: But you will kill dragons.

Izuku: No, I'm really very extra sure that I won't.

Inko: It's time, Izuku.

Izuku: Can you not hear me?

Inko: This is serious, son! When you carry this axe, you carry all of us with you. Which means you walk like us. You talk like us. You think like us. No more of... this.

She throws her arms in the air then points them at him, a scowl slowly forming on her brow as she argues with her son.

Izuku: You just gestured to all of me.

Inko: Deal?

Izuku: This conversation is feeling very one-sided.

Inko: Deal?

Izuku: Deal.

Inko: Good. Train hard. I'll be back. Probably.

Izuku: And I'll be here. Maybe.

(Oof That was a lot of talking.)