32 - Your warmth, my skin

Orion's POV

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

A few days ago, a messenger came from Tallies, bringing him horrific news that he never wants to hear, he almost chopped the guy's head off. Thank heavens rationality get the better of him.

His dearest Queen had gone alone to the frontlines, god knows what she's going to do. He felt a guilty conscience when he worried more about her than 150.000 men stationed there. He hasn't slept at all, even when they were stopping for a rest, he turns to a lion scouting the area, he can't keep still knowing she's out there. And when he couldn't catch her scent he looked at the moon searching for comfort.

Even now, when they've finally reached Mythica and made camp, he's roaming around, gazing at it, remembering the moonlight's reflection on her black hair, cupping her perfect face and that bountiful lips. If he knew he would miss her so much in a few days, he would never march for war but a King must do what he must do so why can't she do what a Queen must do? 

Why must you go? What if she's there to side with the enemy because she doesn't want to be with me? Where are you? You're supposed to be here days ago, are you running away from me? These thoughts keep repeating on his mindHe roars his frustration out loud before going back to camp.

The great lion turns his back as his ear picked up a horses galloping into the camp's territory. He ran down to his tent, shifting in the middle, and quickly grab his robe.

He ran so fast to the front of their encampment, soldiers already gathered the group.

"King Orion, forgive my impudence" the older man held Val in his arms, he noticed him as commander Kairon.

"I'll listen to your explanation later" Orion takes Val into his arms and run back to his tent.

As soon as he's there, he laid her down on the bed. Taking her armor off, he wipes her sweat and dirt with a warm cloth. He notices bruises on her wrist that looks like a rope and unconsciously squeezed the cloth until the last drop. He changed her clothes and bandage her wrist. He asked Manuel to take over and fetch a doctor before he went in again. He kissed the back of her cold hand and cupped in his to give some warmth. 

She tossed and turned before opening her tired eyes and there he saw his worried expression. 

"Val, are you okay?"

She looks at their hand entwined and looks at him "Orion, kiss me," Val said with a hoarse voice

"Wha..."

She pulled him for a kiss, surprising him. She was kissing him wildly, like a drunk. Orion gently pushed her back but his Queen doesn't have the strength of a normal woman even when she's tired so he requires a little bit more power.

"What are you doing?" he asked with his lips plump red

She fought her way here, they were hot on her tail. Fortunately, she caught up with Kairon and the others but at that point, she was too tired from riding nonstop, and from Kalilis pheromone that still affected her. The only thing that kept her sane was Orion. Thinking about him helped her get through that awful need to submit to Kalilis. Just thinking back about her encounter with him makes her wants to vomit. So when she opens her eyes to the glowing golden gaze she kiss him.

"I'm kissing you" she looks dazed but pulled him down for another. His lips warm her up from the cold air, her body gradually getting hotter as she links her arms behind his neck and climbs on top of him. Orion grabs her waist to push her off but that simple touch made her shudder and gasp on his lips.

"Val...talk to me..." he said while panting, his lips parted.

She didn't say anything, intoxicated by the satisfaction of kissing him. Why does he taste so good? is this because she tasted shit and now potato taste better than before? she thought while biting her lower lip. Orion suddenly put a finger on her mouth.