17-A bath and a maid

Val's pov

When i die, you die.

~

If that is true, I can't kill him and he will do whatever it takes to keep me alive. How in the world can this happen to me? I'm supposed to be leading my country's army and winning wars but now I'm stuck in this place. Surrounded by nothing but enemies and a jerk King. Forced to be married to it and expected to bear his children?! I can't even kill him!

And this, this abnormal change in my body. How am I supposed to cope with it? How much will I change? I don't want him to change me into something I'm not. Truthfully, that's what scares me the most, regressing back to weak powerless Valeryie. I turned those fear into anger as Kairon thought me.

Anger brings my sense back, I grab the back of his neck and pulled his hair. Now I know why his eyes turn gold. It wasn't just my imagination. For what I observed, they turn gold when he's angry or aroused. Aroused by you.

Shut up.

Now that I'm staring at them closely, there's a hint of green in them. I see anger and arousal mixing together. He looked at me as if searching for something. His chest moving up and down heavily on mine, rubbing my skin underneath, making it itch.

"You'll stay" he scowled and left the room. Cold wind blew over me the moment he let go, his warmth fading away. I sat on the bed to think but fatigue washed me over and I slowly drifted away to sleep unable to think about anything except the pounding in my head.

_______________________________________

I woke up the next day, it's already morning. My head stops pounding and my body felt lighter but this grumbling in my stomach is getting unbearable. "Food" I mumbled in a daze and a maid immediately come up and serve me some food. Well, thanks I guess.

I grabbed a piece of bacon and shoved it to my mouth. In my tray there are bread, cheese, bacons, some grapes and hot tea. I gulped them all. And man, theh were a delight. Bright side is, their food is great, food in my country is good but here is awesome.

A maid came to take the tray away, she was the one who gives me the food, she's about 40 years old, a bit chubby with brown hair tucked in a bun. She's still pretty in her 40's. I notived the women here are so fair-skinned. A contrast to my slightly brown skin.
"Would you like a bath, my lady?" she smiled sweetly

Yes please!
I nodded and she led me to a huge tub, at least 3 metres wide, the tub has beautiful carvings of horses and plains. The steam coming up from the water smelt like roses and vanilla. Rose petals floats above the water. My inner self squeals at the sight. The maid came up to me but I told her to stay back. Feeling greasy and messy I took my clothes off almost immediately. I emerge myself in the water, closing my eyes, enjoying this moment of cleanliness.
"Is the water warm enough for you, my lady?"