18-She's breathtaking

Orion's POV

I woke up this morning feeling sluggish. Scratch that, I wouldn't even call it sleeping. My mind's full of the woman occupying my bed, my fated mate. And I love sleeping, trait of a big cat. Sometimes I slept better outside, feels as if I'm one with the nature but now that she's here maybe...maybe sleeping inside is the better choice. Or not. I did attack her. Even if I was under the influence of my rut, I still did it. It was these very teeth that sinked in her flesh. Fuck. Thinking about it sours my mood even more. Who was it that said to trust your instinct? Well look where that got me now.

Sitting at the head of a table with ministers, in the middle of my ongoing rut, unfocused. Never in my life, have I felt this chair to be constricting. My father loved this chair, he'd tell me stories while I sat on his lap. Mother would come to tuck me in bed and I remember how he looks at her everytime she came through the door. I always wondered will I be like that if I find my fated? Judging by my creased eyebrows, it seems unlikely.

"My King?" Manuel asked, taking me out of my daydream.

"Hm"

Manuel gave me a questionable look but continued anyway. Manuel grew up together with me, my father went for an expedition and he came back with him. He was dirty and covered with scars, a slave. After multiple and relentless attempts, he became my playmate soon after. He rarely talks about himself, even to me, but we trust each other and that's what matters.

"We were just talking about the castles overtaken by rebels. Good news is, it seems your suspicions are correct your Highness, they are indeed hiring mercenaries. The bad news is that they've taken Killi fortress as their base"

Fucking rebels, those are the masters I banished, they didn't like my rules and now they're trying to take my country. As if. Not just my country, they tried to take my Queen away from me. The assassination attempt before was done by them. Their symbol, chains and collars. In short, slavery. I felt my claws getting longer by the thought of it.

One thing I noticed after marking her is how possessive I've become. It wasn't this bad before. Now, I want to lock her away so nobody would even steal a glance at her. Should I cancel tommorow's event? I'm beginning to think that introducing her to society is not as important as it seems. Shit. My judgement's clouded as fuck.

Manuel clears his throat to knock me back to the meeting and my claws retracted along with other thoughts about the missus.

"How many?" I ask.

"About 50.000 men and increasing"

"Any survivors from Killi?"

"Survivors are being kept as slaves, to be sold"

They weren't so much of a threat before but they are getting larger. I suspect they are hiring foreign mercenaries because those assassins weren't normal soldiers, they are trained assassins.

"Find out how much they're paying them and find the source of their money, cut off their food supplies in the North, tell commander Dale to take a detour to Killi, wait them out, I will join them with my men. Tell the commander I want those slaves save"

Commander Dale control the second legion and is now on the way back from Myhtica's capital. My first legion stays behind with Myhtica's army on te front line to fight their war against foreign invaders. It won't be long to achieve victory, to take back all the lands that have been taken, my army's large but i can't pull them out now. Now we will need to get rid of these rebels.

"Yes my King, next is..."

I gave him a hand to stop

"Is it an emergency?"