31 - Kiss and Fire

Kalilis, Orion's uncle.

The stench of that brat lingers on her. Smelling another male, an Alpha, is making me sick. I am the Alpha. If only my Martha doesn't smile as brightly as she did when she sees that brat, he would have died by my hands. She would be mine and I would be King.

Ah, but i do smell my sweet Carissa as well. How I've missed her.  I see so much Martha in her. After spending so much effort in keeping him alive, my twin brother got himself killed and so Martha died alongside him. Oh, if only it was me! I should be the one fated to Martha, not him! I still remember Martha holding my hand as we were running from the maids, laughing and having the best time of our lives. I was so sure it was going to be me! They fought and argue all the time, how could they be fated to each other. 

No matter, I will have my Carissa soon, as soon as I win this war.

The Queen is tied to the chair, her hands on her back, black hair falls down covering half her face. Her eyes began to flicker as she wakes up grunting.

"Ah, good to see you're awake"

"Ugh, shit" Val looks at her captor, dressed in golden armor and black cape, he looks so much like Orion that it's weird, he's like an older twisted version of him with faint lines beneath his eyes and on his forehead. A bit shorter but well built. She wondered if he has the same blue eyes as Orion as Kalilis seem to shine golden all the time. As she scanned him, her judging eyes fell on his head, she glared at it intensely.

"You recognize this" taking the crown in his hand "It belongs to your sorry ass King, he wasn't much of a threat, a coward and an embarrassment"

"You should get a mirror"

"Ha! YOU should get a mirror, look at you! A Queen? The Sun God is a joke" he sips his wine

Val stayed quiet and glared at him. Kalilis put his cup down and circled her.

"Tall figure, hair as black as a horse and a body full of scars. A brute. You don't belong on the throne" he grabs her shoulder firmly.

Val ignored his comment on her looks though that does sting a bit but not as much as the pressure on her shoulder, she tried to shake it off but he pressed her down harder. He sniffed the crook of her neck and it gave her goosebumps, not a good one.

"You stink like him" he speaks, disgusted.

She turns her head slowly towards him and smiled "Good then" feeling glad she disgusted him but that seems to tick him off more as he grits his teeth in anger. 

Looking at her smug smile made Kalilis remember the day his brother's pheromone was all over Martha and how happy she was that day. "Fuck fated mates!" he threw his cup away, making the bear fur on the floor stained with wine. "It's just a physical attraction, two people bound forcefully together" he continued "It's not like he chose you" he points at her.

"He may not choose me but I chose him" 

"Oh really?? Well, that explains everything, how else would a general like yourself ends up in my nephew's bed" he said sarcastically. He bends down next to her ear "It isn't love is it? It's greed"

Val rolled her eyes "Let me guess, yours is?"

"Exactly! My love is real, i chose her" Kalilis spoke in grandiose gesture.

"Fuck you Kalilis" she spits to the floor. "At least I'm not living in a fantasy"

He squints his eyes "I am going to kill you" inching closer he points a blade at her neck "Right in front of him" pressing his blade on the surface of her white skin "And i'm going to enjoy his face twisted with despair as the light goes out of him" blood trickled his blade "I wonder how he would feel, unable to protect his fated one" he licks her blood "AHAHAHA"

Val tried not to panic when he pressed his blade to her neck, at least he's keeping her alive for now. She must escape this lunatic and fast before Orion gets here and they would both be dead. She racks her brain for a plan. Going up against him would be useless, his pheromone is too strong for her. Is there a way to weaken it? Ugh, how does it work again? She asked this before to Carissa, curse her for not paying attention . In defense, she was immersing herself in cold water due to her heat. She wasn't in her right mind. What was it? She closed her eyes thinking back.

"Pheromones is like an aura or scent but not exactly like scents. It could be use as a signal to mate, showing dominance, and marking. Basically it's something that only animals have and humans can't detect directly. Although it could still affect humans if it's strong enough. Since I'm a werelion, I could see pheromones flying in the air, it's like thin threads. Like in this room for example, Orion's pheromone is floating all over you, you know. Which dreads me the question, what were the two of you up to last night?" 

She remembers as her closed eyes slowly opens. Maybe...just maybe...that will work.

Kalilis sheaths his blade, he made a face that made Val shudders. A creeping feel taunts her bare skin, this is his pheromones again.

"What would he feel if I mark you" it was more of a statement than a question.

Fuck. He's going to fuck me isn't he. Shit. I have to escape now!

He slowly took off his armor and drops in on the floor, Val flinched with every thud it makes. She rubs her wrist together, loosening the rope. Panic must have taken over her face as he smirks while closing in on her. She cracks her wrist to get free and with her free arm threw a punch to his solar plexus, making him fall down to the floor. That should slow him down a while. She quickly frees her legs and ran but before she could get far, her face hit the ground as he trips her down. Crawling towards her, she could feel his pheromones pressuring her, making her legs weak and her stomach churn. Slowly the weight of his body piled up on top of her back. Feeling that hopelessness she fixed her gaze to one thing, the torch. 

In that moment, Orion's face flashes in her mind giving her power to resist Kalilis but only for a while. She focused her mind, thinking of her fated, her husband, her King 'he's waiting for me' she kept repeating that in her head. She mustered her strength to turn around and did the most disgusting thing she could do, she kissed him. Slowly, licking his lips to open up and while imagining him as Orion, she deepened the kiss, their tongue playing with each other. As she felt him relax, she kicked his balls really hard, he fell back in agony. She grabbed the torch and lit everything on fire, smoke starts to fill the room.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!" still holding his crotch.

Listening to his angry painful wail, she didn't feel the pressure of his pheromone as strong as before. It must be working, the heat is burning the pheromones in the air, diluting it and weakening its effects. Before he got up, Val knocked him up with a kick on the head and took his sword. She was about to kill him when soldiers burst into the tent. They chase after her but Val  grabbed a bottle of oil and threw it in the fire, making a blast of explosion that pushed the soldiers back and made her escape through the newly made hole in the tent.

Rather than running through the forest like before, to throw her pursuers off, she sneaks her way around camp to her horse, hopefully it's still there, well hidden behind the bushes in a safe distance.

Feeling relieve when she finds the animal eating peacefully, she mounts him and rode off in Tallies direction while disgustingly wiping her lips numerous time.