Chapter 038

For two weeks Theo's sleeping pattern has turned upside down, on a good night he has about five hours of sleep and on a bad night, an hour if he's lucky; most nights he lays awake in bed staring up at the ceiling blaming himself for not doing something that fateful night, quite often he thinks, 'maybe I should've chased after him,' or sometimes he'll think, 'why didn't I make an effort to comfort him?' But the answers one he doesn't wish to share, the answer is wrong and he knows that; it's wrong on multiple levels.

"I'm back from the doctors, I collected your sleeping pills for you, hopefully, they help," says Corey entering the living room with a small white bag in his hand.

Looking up from the book in his hands written by Steve Cavanagh, Theo glances over at Corey leant up against the leather armchair near the fireplace on the Southside of the apartment, "yeah hopefully," he says getting up from the couch to fetch the meds from Corey's outstretched hand. "Look man I know I haven't been the easiest to be around lately, but I seriously appreciate how much you've helped me recently, without you I don't know what I'd do."

"I'm here for you man, always. I know that when you first started helping him it was out of sympathy, you won't admit it but I'm not stupid I know your childhood wasn't great - that's why you've been so kind to let me live with you, but over time you got attached and blame yourself for his abduction, you blame yourself for sitting idly by and being to scared to even reach out and grab him," says Corey patting him reassuringly on the shoulder, then pulling him into a hug after a few seconds.

Resting his head on Corey's shoulder and wrapping his arms around his friends waist, they sway back and forth in silence for a while just enjoying each others embrace.

"I don't even know why I care so much, that's what sucks," mumbles Theo feeling a pang in his chest.

At Beacon Hills High School

Just because they have a plan doesn't mean it's a great one in fact, it's a stupidly dumb one that could get them in trouble if done incorrectly, for hours they sat around the dinner table at Mason's formulating ideas about what they could do, and more specifically what could go wrong, "what if I get done for harassment?" Was one of Gabes frequently asked questions, which is fair seeing as he's the one doing the grabbing.

"Then let me grab her," was another of Mason's suggestions after a while.

"Why you?"

Smiling confidently Mason replies, "I'm gay therefore it's not classed as harassment."

Peeking out from the small doorway, Nolan, Gabe and Mason watch hesitantly as Jessica walks pass them,  clearly unaware of their presence and down the corridor on her own wearing a red and white stripped dress with a black turtleneck underneath, all morning they've been hoping to catch a glimpse of this mysterious 'Ariel' they read about in the letter hidden under the floorboards in Liams bedroom, if they couldn't get to her then they'd rely on Hayden the only other person capable to grab her out of the corridor and into the girls lockeroom a few doors up, a lot could go wrong if they did this incorrectly.

"You think this is a good idea?" Whipsers Nolan as he looks up at Gabe hovering above him, the idea of grabbing a girl - specifically Jessica out of the school corridor worries him more then he lets on, if she's responsible for Liams absence what on earth could she do to them?

"Nope, but we don't have much of a choice, we can't go to the police because we'll be done for breaking and-"

"Grab her," orders Mason urgently.

Creeping out from behind the wall he was once hiding behind, Gabe slowly advances forward towards Jessica who's back was facing him, as other students pass by they watch with concern plastered all over their faces yet nobody thinks to warn the unsuspecting girl, in one swift movement Gabe covers Jessica's mouth with his left hand and wraps his right arm around her waist, lifting her up and carrying her back to the lockerooms while she frantically kicks and tries fighting him off, but all her efforts fail as Gabe arrives back at the lockeroom.

"Woah that was easy, Nolan go and grab Hayden, tell her we've got her," says Mason eagerly while moving clear out the way for Gabe and a fighting Jessica who's finally laid eyes on them.

Nolan nodded quickly and scurried off.

"I'll report you for assault!" She yells loudly, twisting and turning she tries to fight off her capture, yet Gabe still holds her securely with both arms around her midriff holding her in the air, "what the hell do you think your doing anyway? I haven't done anything wrong!"

"Then you won't mind explaining this," pulling the slip of paper out from his pocket, Mason carefully unfolds it taking grate care not to damage the evidence they found and holds it out for her to see.

Instantly eyes widen at the familiar letter held out in front of her face, and for sure the handwriting belongs to her, she didn't believe that anyone would find anything that could link her back to Liam's disappearance, the cops hadn't even suspected her, slowly everything begins to sink in and the hard truth comes comes the surface: if they figure out who Ariel if everything will end up being ruined, "uh oh."

"Who's Ariel?"

"I'm not telling you shit," her voice was venomous, but not one bit intimidating because they knew she knew the game was up and that sooner or later the police would be informed and would be looking for someone by the name of Ariel - a woman in her thirties with distinguishable red hair, "of course kids would figure it out before the police."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Gabe asks as his arms begin to weaken from the constant weight exerted onto them.

Rolling her eyes like it was obvious Jessica replies cockily, "they've been chasing the right person but with the wrong disguise."

Stiles

Mason:
Call ur dad, we've got some news on who abducted Liam
It's some1 by the name of Ariel

And it involves Jessica

Stiles:
u're sure?

Mason:
Yes, and I have proof, tell Scott 2 get the next plane in
I

'll contact Theo and Corey and get them 2 come down 2

Stiles:
If ur wrong, then u've got some forgiving 2 do

Mason:
I know I'm right Stiles, trust me

Mason:I know I'm right Stiles, trust me