Chapter 42: Holy Matrimony

Start from the beginning

A little tentative at first with all the eyes on her Thalia started walking towards Percy with Chiron escorting her, but with each step she gained more confidence. After a few moments she found herself across from Percy who was holding her hands in his, a look of pure love filling his eyes. "Hunters, Greeks, Romans, Demigods," Artemis announced. "In the midst of war it is important to find the good moments, the happy moments. We are gathered here to witness one such moment today. We are here to witness the union of Thalia Grace, Daughter of Zeus and my former Lieutenant and Percy Jackson, my newly adopted son, Son of Poseidon, and one of my former Hunters. In my millennia of life I have looked down on romantic love, believing it to be a scourge that made people act irrationally and corrupted young women; however, even I must admit that the love these two demigods have for each other is special." Artemis then paused to look down at Percy and Thalia. "I believe that the two of you have prepared vows?"

They both nodded, and Percy cleared his throat so that he could speak. "Thalia, for a while I thought that I knew what love was. Oh how wrong I turned out to be. The feelings that I had before are nothing but a child's crush compared to what I feel about you. I can't even describe in words how I feel other than, I Love You. I love you with all of my heart and soul, I want to spend the rest of my days with you. I promise to stick by you through the good and bad, the thick and thin, the best and the worst. I promised you once that I would never leave you again, and today I reaffirm that promise. I promise not to leave, but to stay by you and give all the love and support that my heart has to offer, and then some." Percy then finished, tears starting to prick his eyes as his emotions were being overwhelmed.

After a few moments Thalia realized that it was her turn to speak. "When I joined the Hunt it was to escape love, and the prophecy, but mostly love. When we were travelling on our quest to rescue Annabeth and Lady Artemis I found myself falling in love with you. You were so fun, kind, considerate, caring, and loyal, but, your eyes were for someone else. As the phrase goes 'if you love someone, let them go'. I did just that. I don't want to drive a rift in between you and Annabeth because I wanted you to be happy, I also hoped that the distance and atmosphere of the Hunt would also help me erase the feelings I had for you. I didn't work." This got a small chuckle from the large crowd of demigods. "When I heard of you making a stand in Manhattan against Kronos I rushed the Hunt to help, when I heard that you had disappeared at the beginning of the Giant War I once again mobilized the Hunt in a vain attempt to help you, and finally, when I thought that you were dead, I was devastated. The man that I had loved was dead, and there was nothing that I could do to change that. Then one day in these very mountains, you entered my life again. I thank the gods everyday that I ran into you that night, even if I was hunting you and we fought because I didn't know that it was you. I love you Percy, and nothing could ever change that. Not distance, not time, and not even death. I take your promise to me, and I return it. I promise to stand by you always, and to never leave your side. We are in this together, no matter what." As Thalia finished many people had tears in their eyes, this was the kind of love that everyone dreamed of finding.

With a smile Artemis turned to Percy. "Do you take Thalia Grace as your wife, to love and to cherish her for all of your days?"

"I do," he breathed.

Artemis then turned to Thalia. "Do you take Perseus Jackson as your husband, to love and to cherish him for all your days?"

"I do," she whispered.

"Then by the power granted to me by the fact that I am a goddess, I pronounce you man and wife!" Artemis declared in Ancient Greek, a silver light around the newlyweds sealing the statement as she finished. She then went to say that the two could kiss, but they had already beaten her to that part. "Congrats!" she said once the two had pulled apart before motioning them to lean in. "Just so you know," she whispered to the couple. "I would like some grandkids." Immediately, both Percy and Thalia flushed beet red, causing Artemis to smirk in response.

Holding hands, and still slightly blushing, the newlyweds entered the crowd of well wishers. What followed was a night of celebration, Roman-style. Needless to say, the party was intense. It was loud, it was crazy, and everyone had fun. As the party wound down Percy and Thalia met with Nico, Violet, Victoria, and Tracey. Wishing the small group luck, Percy and Thalia entered their tent for the night as Nico shadow-travelled the girls to Justin's last known location.

A/N: That awkward moment when your mom officiates the wedding, and then informs you that she would like grandkids literally seconds after you being married. . . . . But seriously, I couldn't resist writing a chapter that was pretty much solely dedicated to Percy and Thalia getting married. I just had to do it. Also, it's 3:00 in the freaking morning, so have fun with the update. I'm going to try and get a few hours sleep in,

Have a great day, and best of luck to you on any romantic endeavors you may currently be pursuing!