5

Author's POV

Author's POV

"Jangmi, dear can you please tell Lily to give these deserts in the study"
Mrs Jeon asked.

All the females of the house were in the living area having their sweet chocolate walnut fudge while their husbands were in Mr Jeon's office playing billiards and having expensive drinks.

Jangmi strolled toward the kitchen to notify the maids about the order of her mother-in-law.

"This fudge is delicious"
Mrs Lee hummed in delight. Mrs Jeon smiled at her best friend. Both of them were certainly enjoying the sweets but the latter seems like to have an uneasy mind.

"It is "
Mrs Jeon mumbled, she stopped for a second and spoke again.
"Don't you think we should talk to Jangmi?"

Mrs Lee looked at her friend with a confused face. She kinda had a feeling of what is gonna come but probably prefer to ignore it.

"What should we talk about?"

"About her marriage, don't you think they should have kids by now. Is two years not enough time?"
Mrs Jeon seriously made these statement, she wanted to know what the problem is and why she can't have her grandchildren.

Mrs Lee looked slightly uneasy. She loves her daughter but the accusations which are gonna be made by Mrs Jeon in the next moments, she is worried about them.
But at last, she is powerless.

"Didn't the kids say they don't want them now, and Jungkook seems busy with his work maybe he isn't ready to be a father"

"Oh, as if you come with qualifications to become a father. Once kids are born everyone become a parent maybe Jangmi didn't only want them"
Mrs Jeon taunted out the words.

Mrs Lee was defenceless, she was ashamed of the unspoken accusations which were made by her friend.

"Oh Jangmi come sit hear dear I wanted to talk to you"
Mrs Jeon patted the seat between her and Lee when Jangmi walked in.

Jangmi with hesitated mind sat down between the older ladies.

"What is it, mom?"
Jangmi asked, brushing her knees with her palm.

"Oh sweetheart its nothing too important just what to know about your life"

"It's going good, my store just got a new contract with this entertainment company-"

"Oh no no dear......"
Mrs Jeon chuckled phoney.
"I'm mean how is your marriage with Jungkook, everything fine between both of you"

"Yes?...."
Jangmi replied with a dubious voice.

"That's good to hear, but did you guys fight?"

Jangmi glanced at her mother.
"Did Mrs Jeon came to know about the living situation?"
Jangmi hands were getting sweating if her mother-in-law came to know about it, she was in big trouble.

She composed herself back again and smiled at Mrs Jeon.
"No mom, we didn't fight"

"Oh, that's good. Fights happen between couples. But you know, Mrs Lee, we always have to forgive them. What's the point of creating unnecessary problems in the family"
Mrs Jeon smiled.

"Yes yes, of course, Mrs Jeon. Afterall these husbands have to come back to us only"
Both the elderly women cracked at their joke. Jangmi just rigidly smiled at the statement made by her mother.

"Anyway, Jangmi, when have you thought about becoming a mother. I mean it's a perfect age"
Mrs Jeon asked.

"Ummm....... mom, I want to become a mother but not now"
Jangmi mumbled out the last few words.

"Oh, Mrs Lee don't you think it's the right time to have kids. I mean once your aged there are many complications you have to bear during pregnancy"

"Yea-yeah"
Mrs Lee hesitantly replied.

Mrs Jeon placed her empty dessert plate on the table.

"You know Mrs Lee before Jangmi Mr Kim offered his daughter's hand for Jungkook. You remember Mr Kim, the CEO of Kim entertainment. Right?"

" yes"
Mrs Lee whispered.

"But I rejected her because of Jangmi Afterall I know your daughter would take the best care of my family."
Mrs Jeon placed her hand on Jangmi's.
"I did the right thing, didn't I?"

"Ahh yes yes, of course, Mrs Jeon. Jangmi is a very good daughter"
Mrs Lee tried to lighten up the feeling.

Mrs Jeon smiled and softly patted on her daughter in law head.
"Off course Jangmi is the sweetest girl."

Jangmi flashed a smile but from inside she just wants to run away from this bullshit. She was trying so bad to hold her tears in but with every word which comes out of Mrs Jeon mouth, it was becoming tough.

"But don't you think Jangmi that it's time to finally settle down"
Mrs Jeon said.

"Settle down?, hahaha Mrs Jeon, kids are already well settled"
Mrs Lee explained.

"Oh no no, I mean for Jangmi. How long are you gonna keep working, now I think it's time to finally focus on your family and Jungkook."

Nobody uttered a word. The atmosphere was awkward and uncomfortable.

"Am I right Mrs Lee?"

"Ye-yes Mrs Jeon"
Mrs Lee gazed at her lap.

"See Jangmi, you have already worked hard for these years now it's time to eventually become a housewife. I mean.....who is Jungkook earning money for?
For you dear. All these riches are yours only. Don't you agree?"
Mrs Jeon said.

Jangmi hesitantly nodded. She clenched and unclenched her fist, striving her brain to find a way to get out of this sweet hell.

"Mrs Lee, what do you think?"

"Yes, I think you are right but I also think Jangmi should have a talked with Jungkook too"
Jangmi mentally thanked her mother for showing a tiny bit of support.

"Don't worry about it I'll talk to him. He will never deny me"
Mrs Jeon calmly said. She smiled and called Lily to collect the dirty dishes.

Ring......Ring.....

"Excuse me"
Jangmi excused herself to pick up the phone.
she walked at the end of the empty corridor. The number was not a familiar one but she didn't pay any attention.

"Hello?"
Jangmi let out.

She didn't hear anything from the other side.

"Hello?"

Jangmi still didn't get any response but she did hear a deep sigh of relief.

~~

I wrote after a long time.

I am not fully satisfied with this chapter. Like I wrote after so long that I didn't even feel good about this chapter but now I'm gonna write more and try to get in that flow.

Anyway, hope you all like this chapter.

💚💚