Chapter 3- "Family"

Start from the beginning

So, maybe I was a little soft. It was only around my family though, only for my family. No one else would see this side of me, no one else would live to tell that story.

“Thanks Li.” I answered back, and his smile widened- if that was even possible- and he nodded. He then thought about it, and pretended to be nonchalant about it. He shrugged, a small smile still planted firmly on his lips. I just chuckled at the lad, running my hand through his hair and messing it up. He groaned, ducking out of my grasp and pouted, all I did was laugh. Zayn came up behind him, wrapping his arms around Liam’s waist, whispering words against the skin of his neck while Liam pouted and complained about me messing up his hair. Zayn chuckled quietly, kissing the skin of his neck. I couldn’t help but feel slightly jealous, jealous that I would never have something like that. Never have someone to hold, or listen to, or complain to, or kiss his skin. It wasn’t likely, and at times like these I wish that I wasn’t the bloodthirsty pirate captain of the Plundering Darkness. The lads tell me I would find someone, but the likelihood of that was very small.

Smiling gently, I picked up my coat from where it had fallen and walked away. I hummed a tune, the breeze dancing through my hair, while the ship rocked gently. It didn’t take long to reach my quarters, and I sighed gently while throwing the door open. I was shocked to see Harry sitting on my bed, his hands bound while he twiddled with his thumbs. He jumped when the door slammed against the wall, eyeing me with wide eyes. He quickly gained his composure back though, his gaze turning stony and bored. I smirked, remembering that I did in fact have a new prisoner- I had forgotten about him for a bit. It was odd, how he was just sitting there like he was in a mate’s room. His curls hung limply in front of his face, and a bruise was forming around his forearm.

I watched as his eyes wandered, trailing over my body and I just stood and watched him. His eyes froze when they came across the bandage tied securely around my right bicep, worry filling him. He stood up, walking over to me, but I didn’t move or yell at him for it. I was actually quite curious as to what would happen. He deliberately walked towards me, although I could sense his hesitancy. In a few long strides he was in front of me- damn his long legs- eyes focused on the bandage.

“You’re hurt?” He questioned, eyes wide and worried. Why he would be worried about me, I had no idea. I just took him from his family, tore him from his life and he was worried about me? I just shrugged in response. It did hurt, and if I move it a certain way it does hurt, but I wasn’t hurt. I wasn’t hurting now, so I couldn’t exactly say so. Besides, I was shocked that he cared. “How did this happen?” He asked gently, lightly poking the bandage with his bound hands.

“I was shot.” I answered, eyes locked with his spectacular green ones. He still looked worried, and slightly frightened, like he just now realized what danger he had gotten himself in to. “Before you ask who, it was the Red Coats. Before you ask how, my back was turned, and lastly before you ask why well- I’m a well-known and well despised pirate that causes them a lot of trouble and I’ve just stolen someone who would have gone into the draft.” I added, smirk evident on my face while I continued to stare at the boy whose eyes were on my wound, thumb gently caressing right under the bandage. He glanced up at me, nodding his head while his eyes showed he was calculating something- probably trying to make sense of what I was telling him. I watched him curiously, watched as he traced the outline of a tattoo around my wrist, as he caressed the skin right below the bottom of the bandage, and watched as his eyes widened and he stepped back. I watched as he remembered why he was here, and who I really was, and I watched as his face became stony and uncaring and bored once again as he sat down on my bed.

I chuckled, shaking my head at the boy. He would be fun.

-----------------------------------

What what?!?

Hello again my lovely readers! How are you all doing today?

What kind of fun will Niall have with Harry?

How will the rest of the crew react to Harry?

Will Niall find the love he craves?

Will Harry begin to fit in?

Is Niall a bad guy?

Will Harry ever see Niall as the person he is?

Lots of questions huh?

Sorriez!

What do you guys think will happen?

What do you want to happen?

Dedication to the commenter that can guess my favorite type of shoe (i.e sneaker, heel, flat, wedge, sandal etc)

Or the commenter with the best corny joke?

35 votes and comments for an update by Friday?

Xx Val