Chapter 12- "Yo Ho"

Hello again!

Remember, this is a Narry story, so don’t worry yeah? I’m making this a little different from other Narry stories, they are separated for the time being, but Narry will happen.

Answer: 3 siblings! And Ed Sheeran

Dedication: @XxLifeIsGoodxX, @Rorstar11, @AmazingDreamerX, @TineLoveHarry, @taryneckert, @xStylzx, @DirtySeagull, & @narry_2go.

The chapter is short, only because I wanted to post this before I go out of town.

Enjoy!                                                                                                         

{I’m going to Florida on Wednesday to Sunday! Universal Orlando, I’m so freaking excited!}

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

The gentle rocking of the ship had allowed me to fall asleep last night, but it was anything but restful. Even in my sleep I was thinking of the curly haired boy that had left my life without so much as a goodbye. I was worried about him, angry at him, and angry at myself. It all showed, even in my dreams, a place that should have been a refuge rather than a war. I couldn’t change the past, even if I wanted to.

When I woke up this morning, my mind strayed to the boy down in the prison, and I wondered if I would have treated him differently had Harry been here. Would I have killed him then, already having my curly haired boy by my side? Or would Harry have made me treat him with kindness and allow him safe haven on my ship? These what if questions swirled in my head like a hurricane, and all I wished for was the quiet that had been there before. Before the slow talking, deep voiced, curly-headed prisoner. Then again, I would never want to erase the memories of the lad, the events that happened with him, even if it saved him the pain my heart felt and the confusion that overcame me when he left.

Everything was different now, yet nothing had changed at all. The crew was still attuned to my moods, and there was still a stowaway in the lowest floor of the ship. The sea was a bit restless, but nothing that would have concerned me, nothing that meant that we were in danger, or that there was a storm heading our way. The sky held a few puffy white clouds, the color a brilliant blue that almost rivaled the sea.

The crew were all going about their business, doing their necessary jobs to make sure the ship ran smoothly as I stared out at the sea in contemplation. It was the first whole day without Harry on board, and maybe, just maybe that was what was so different about today. It was why everything seemed so different, yet the same. I decided I was going to let it go. There was no use in mourning the past. Guilt was like smacking yourself, yes it hurt, but it was self-inflicted. It wouldn’t change anything, it wouldn’t hurt any less.

A hand clamped over my shoulder, soothing and comforting, and I knew it was Liam. I turned my head to the side, looking at him with a weak smile on my face. He smiled gently, then looked at the sea once again. We were all the same it seemed, turning to the sea for comfort, and serenity. He squeezed my shoulder lightly, comfortingly, instantly soothing me.

“Everything will work out as it should.” He said softly and I nodded. The words helped, really they did, but at the same time they frustrated me. What if it didn’t work out like I want it to? What if it doesn’t work out at all? It was difficult living in the world of uncertainty, with the world changing around you. It was difficult to think of yourself as a small piece of a larger puzzle, and insignificant speck on the planet. If I was to die, the world would continue moving forward, it would continue spinning without a care. It was a depressing thing to think about, but it was reality. And reality wasn’t always happy.

“Why did you spare the lad?” He asked quietly, hand falling from my shoulder to join the other on the rail. I just shrugged, asking myself the same question. I don’t know why I decided to spare him, my sadness and anger would have pushed me to kill him rather than spare him, but this time it was different. For whatever reason it was different, but it was the same. He dropped it, thankfully and I was reminded of why I loved him- like a brother of course. Liam was the kind, and he knew when to drop a conversation.

We stayed silent, watching as the waves crashed and danced with one another, watching the sea froth at where two waves met. The wind had picked up, allowing us to gain speed as it was blowing the direction we were going. We were getting closer and closer to the first part of the key, closer and closer to having normal lives, closer and closer to getting to age once again. I didn’t know if the cost was worth the prize, at this point I didn’t know if there would be more of a cost. I didn’t know anything anymore.

Never had I been the type of person to get lost like this, lost in my own thoughts. Lost to the changing world around us, lost to my own heart and mind. I was the leader, the one that stayed strong and always had hope. I was the one to guide everyone else, I couldn’t be lost. I couldn’t wait for someone to find me, because then I would make us all lost, and then we would all just be wandering for eternity. Wandering in our own minds, trying to make sense of it all- even if that was an impossible task. I had to be strong, I had to stay above the water that was crashing over me. I needed to be the leader that my crew needed, and I needed to pretend that I was complete even if on the inside I was falling apart.

Harry leaving seemed to be the blow, the blow that cracked me and made me think of every single life choice I had made. I hated feeling this way, feeling as if there were better choices to make, better ways to have lived. I hated feeling like a dirty, greedy, no-good pirate, like the pirate Harry thought we were.

I shook my head lightly, escaping from my deprecating thoughts. The crew bustled around us, the squelching sound of the wet mop sloshing over the deck filled my ears along with the sound of the waves crashing, and the crew doing their chores. Loud splashes echoed as the bucket of guts was emptied into the sea, shark fins immediately popping from the sea, the blood and carnage swishing around while the sharks fought for it. The clicking of the steering wheel resonated off the wooden deck, the clinking of the metal clips banging lightly against the wooden masts as the rope ran through them joined the symphony of sounds that came with the ship. A member hummed, and I chuckled at the choice of song, but hummed along with him. And soon the whole crew was joining.

“Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me.”

------------

I know its short, and I’m sorry.

I wanted to post something half decent before I go out of town.

What do you guys think?

Will they cross paths again?

Is Brad an important character?

What is the first part of the key?

What dangers lie ahead?

How will Harry come back- if he does?

How are the rest of the crew?

Is the ending line important?

Is there foreshadowing?

Is Niall’s advice to himself wise?

Real life question of the day:

Favorite Harry Potter movie? (If you have one)

Dedication to the commenter:

That can make me laugh

OR

That has the best dedication question?

130 votes and comments for an update by Tuesday?

xx Val