The Beginning

Alyssa:
I woke up drowsy in a room. I could feel the glare of someone's eyes burning a hole through my head. So I closed my eyes and entered my thoughts. Don't open your eyes anymore okay Alyssa. Things will only get worse. Just take deep breaths and all of this will be over soon. I was sitting in a chair. Waiting. Listening. Wondering if anyone knew I was down here. Then I heard a rusted squeak of a door opening and closing. Was that the door? SHIT! It was. Okay Alyssa calm down, and dont say anything. On the count of three, open your eyes. One....two....three....

I slowly pulled my eye lids apart only to see darkness surrounding me. I wanted to scream out into the silence. Just so I colud see if someone or something was lirking in the darkness, but I had told myself not to say anything. So, I listened again. Near by I heard footsteps, but with my mind full of fearful thoughts, I couldn't seem to find the direction that they were coming from. Then they stopped and the room fell silent again. I tried to swing my hands and feet and thats when I finally noticed that they were bound together. Each ankle tied up to a leg of the chair. Both hands pulled together tightly behind me.

My heart started to pick up speed. I went into a complete panic. I couldn't think of anyone who wanted to hurt me. I started moving my body so that I could possibly break the chair, but all the chair did was fall foward. Im frustration, the words slipped out my mouth amd into the open, "Fuck me!!" I started to whimper. "Why the hell am I down here." After a few moments and deep voice broke the silence, "Hey! Watch your mouth."

I quickly went into my thoughts. Who just said that? Who's in the room with me? I stabilized my breathing and kept quiet. "I know you can hear me," the voice said. "And I could help you."

"Go skew yourself in the depths of hell, you ass!!"

"Watch your mouth, and fine."
I heard footsteps walking away. Maybe it was me being afraid or my body crushing me, but I yelled back, "Wait!" The footsteps stopped. "I'll mind my tongue if you help me up."

Moving through the darkness carefully and in one swift move, the person had me off the ground and back upright again. There was quick movement again and I could tell that the person had moved away from me.

I was feeling light-headed, nervous, and scared, but I knew that if I was ever going to get out of this, I would need to stay calm and get this person's name. I would need to know something about this person to even identify this person. I hesitated bit finally opened my mouth to ask a question. "Can I um....at least uh...have your name?" I barely got through that sentence. I was so nervous about the outcome of the situation. "Cole," he said. His answer was one swift word and nothing else. I took a leap of faith and dared to ask this question,"What about your last name?"

There was a long silence then he finally said,"Why do you want to know?"

"I just thought...."

"Dont worry about it," he said cutting me off mid-sentence. I took a deep breath and after a moment I dared again to ask,"Can you turn in the light please?"

He took a deep breath and slowly walked over to turn on the lights. Thinking I was in my head I said,"Whrn he turns on the light I will find some type of door and run out of it. Good plan Alyssa. You Will Survive."

"Three things I should tell you Alyssa," Cole said. "One....you said that out loud. Two, I'm not going to untie you and three, that was a pretty stupid idea. Now you have lost all trust with me."

"Dammit Alyssa. Why can't you just shut up sometimes," I whispered under my breath. While wallowing in my self pity, a beam of bright light appeared. My unadjusted eyes started to burn as the light filled the room. I closed my eyes and slowly counted to thirty, then blinked them back open. I looked around the room trying to find Cole. I was scared that he might be hiding in a corner. Just waiting for me to make a wrong move so that he coould hurt me. When I couldn't find him I took a breath of relief.

I was still confused and scared. I didnt think that I was imagining the voice. He was there. He pulled this old chair off the floor. Stop asking questions. Just call out to him. I waited for a minute then called out for him. "Cole! Can you hear me?" I waited for an answer, but heard nothing but silence. So, I tried again, "Cole!!" Again nothing. I was alone again.

I started examining the room I was in. It seemed like a basement. There were pipes everywhere that were covered in green goo, and rusted over. In a rhythmic pattern they were dripping water. The walls were short with the same green color. The floor was dirty (I flinched to the thought of my body or face touching it). The small room was empty. The only exception were two pieces of furniture: my chair and a dim light that swung back and forth from the ceiling. There was a small breeze that entered the room from a crack in the door. Although that breeze was cold, it was much warmer than the freezing, damp, heavy air that was contained in the room. With every inch of the room I looked over, parts of my skin started to bead up creating goosebumps all over me. "I have to get out of here," I whispered to myself. "Think Alyssa, think." I was a processing logical escape plan when I heard the low sound of a door shutting.

I was doubting the noise so I closed my eyes and tried to focus on the noise. I was surprised when I heard footsteps in the room above me. Then like rudhing water, an idea came into my head. For the first time since I've been here, I had a little faith that I might get out of this house. So, I started screaming and beating the chair legs on the floor. "Help! Somebody please!!" I must have been screaming and making as much noise as I possibly could for thirty minutes, but nobody came to my rescue. After the realization, I gave up and slumped over. My voice was hoarse so all I could do was whimper as I sat all alone in this basement. Suddenly a dim light came into the room from a corner. I jerked my head up so I could face my danger head on.

I was surprised to see a woman standing in the door way. She walked down some steps and straight towards me. As she got closer, my heart started to race again. I flinched as she knelt down in front of me. With her hands she grabbed my face abd turned my head so that I could be face to face with her. She examined my face and said,"No hi." I swallowed. She stared at me in the eyes and shook her head before standing up. She was a tall woman with dark brown hair and light blue eyes. Her skin was sun kissed, but icy cold to the touch. She wore gold earrings and a diamond necklace. Her jeans were tight fitted and she wore a white shirt. She looked about thirty. "I guess, " she started. "That your mother didn't teach you manners. My name is Lillie. Lillie Nelson. And yours is....?"

I took a deep breath and answered, "Alyssa."

"Alyssa what..?"

"Alyssa Smith."
She seemed to disagree but didn't challenge it. She stared to walk over to a corner and I said,"Please untie me Lillie. I promise I won't tell. Just let me go."

"Oh,"she said. "I will have Cole untie you, but you can't leave. Also, you have to promise not to scream out you will face consequences." I nodded, but I knew I couldn't keep that promise.

She bent down and knocked on what looked like a door. She flipped her hair and smiled warmly at me before saying,"Cole, come and untie Alyssa please." She walked back over to me and said,"You have long brown hair like my niece. So pretty." I just looked to the floor. That's when the familiar sound of a door opening and closing came. I refused to look up, but I saw his shoes as he approached me. He had on Timberlands. They were tan and his boot cut jeans were light blue. He walked around me and slowly untied my hands.

As soon as our skin touched I felt chills run down my spine. I also felt a deep emotion inside of me that almost seemed like I was longing for his touch again. I took deep breaths and said to myself: breath....don't pay any attention....just breath. I noticed that he didn't let go of my left hand as he pulled it around me and sat it on my lap. Again I just took deep breaths add the emotions came back. I didn't understand why these emotions were coming. I didn't know him, and also he kidnapped me. It was weird. He kept his head low as he squatted to untie my ankles. As he finished, he tilted his had up and we made eye contact. Finally I was looking into the lonely green eyes of Cole.

Author comments: hey guys I hope you liked the chapter. I will have chapter two up next week.thanks guys....bye :-)