My Wife Or My Daughter

Anthony:

I was standing the middle of the shack. One part of me wanted to go and chase after my daughter but the other need to stay and comfort my wife. Which one? Which one? I cant have both I have to choose. But my choice will end up bad either way. I let out a sigh or irritation and rubbed my hands through my hair in frustration. "Ugh....Dammit!" I kicked the air and sat down on the couch. It was too late to get Rebecca and Alyssa was going crazy.

She was walking in a circle  mumbling things to herself. I brushed away my anxiety for a second so I could focus on the major problem pacing in front of me. I got off the couch and walked over to her. She had cold sweats and tears. Her hands and body were shaking. I built up the strength to touch her but she didn't seem to notice. She just kept shaking and mumbling. Dear God something must have frighten her badly. I have to do something. I need to calm her down. I took a shoulder in each of my hands and shook her. "Alyssa, calm down. Calm down."

She stopped mumbling and looked me straight in the eye. Her eyes got big and filled with anger. Slowly her face started to match her emotions. My heart started quickening its pace as she grabbed both my arms and started pushing my towards the couch. "You," she said. "Its always you."

"What are you talking about Alyssa. I think you just need to calm down."

"Don't tell me what to do Anthony. Don't ever tell me." We got to the couch and she pushed down so that I was sitting on it. "Every single time something good happened to me, you had to ruin it."

"Calm down Alyssa. You just need to rest. Sleep it off. I know its a lot to take in at once."

She looked down at me and slapped me twice across the face. "You want me to calm down." Her bady started shaking again as anger grew more within her. "Its your fault."

"Nothing is my fault! You did it to yourself."

"Its your fault that im here. Its your fault that my mother is dead. Its your fault that I lost my memory. You know how it feels to live your life not knowing anything about yourself. My aunt used to tell me that I was playing in a soccer game one day and I hit my head when I fell. I was put in a coma for five years. And when I asked her about my mother she told me that she had moved away because she didn't want me. But that's not the truth is it?"

"You know the truth now. Shouldn't you be happy?"

"I would be if it had nothing to do with you and your mentally unstable family. I hate all of them."

"You leave my family out of this. They did what they had to do to keep me safe." There was a moment of silence. I noticed that tears were coming out Alyssa face and she had turned completely red. I reached up and touched her shoulder. She quickly grabbed hand and started to squeeze my hand. I could feel the bone rubbing together. She looked me deep into the eyes and said, "Dont you ever lay another mother fucking hand on me again you sick son of a bitch."

Next thing I knew I was punched in the face and she was gone.

"Shit!" I went over to the wall and punched it. I leaned my head against the wall and whispered, "You come out the dark and fucking talk to me you bitch."

"What was that Anthony. I couldn't hear you over there."

"Dammit Julie! What the hell did you do?"

"I showed her the truth Anthony. My daughter and granddaughter have to know what really happened."

"Then why is she flipping out and blaming for everything that happened. I had nothing to do with it."

"Maybe it is because you hit her. Even when you were married to my daughter you would lay your hands on her. She is very emotional. You have to give her time. She needs to heal."