chapter 27

Sorry this is so late school is just chaotic at the moment. But here it is enjoy!

Camilla pov:

       You could hear a pin drop in the silence of the room as the air was thick with tension. In the doorway to the dining room stood Giovanni's sister, mother, and (father) who I had specifically hoped never to again. " I thought you'd be happier to see me son, but what's with all these (outsiders) sitting at the table?" There was hostility mixed with dryness as he spoke, I guess he was still bitter his son's stood against him. His eyes filled with even more anger when he didn't get a response from anybody, instead we all went back to conversing and eating. He was no longer the leader, no longer did he have any power to inflict over anybody.

    The atmosphere in the room gradually lifted as Giovanni's father became background noise. Dustin, who was sitting in my lap, was playing with the mashed potatoes on our plate as I tried to keep his face clean. He had been becoming more fierce in the recent days but certainly not a handful. He was finished eating and I was about to sit him in the open seat next to me when he was harshly snatched from my arms by his neck. I looked up surprised to see Giovanni's mother there glaring at me. They hadn't left even though nobody was paying them any mind?

     Dustin was biting down into her arm trying to get her to let go of him. Frustrated she threw him against the wall, the sickening crack of his arm could be heard in the silence of the room. Without even needing to think I jumped up and ran over to him, cradling him against my chest. I had successfully handed him off to my brother's girlfriend who exited the room quickly but quietly. I relaxed a little knowing that Dustin would be safe but stayed motionless on the floor in fear of my own well being.  Giovanni's father stood over me as his wife and daughter stood in the corner with strange looks on their faces. By now everything was moving in what felt like slow motion, I had a gun pointed at me while gio, my father, and brother had guns drawn on the hostile invaders in our home.

    Before anyone could even speak or process what was happening, Gio's sister pulled out a small gun she was hiding behind her back and shot her mother until it was empty. All hell broke loose after the first shot rang out, servants and guests alike in the house ran around in panic trying to escape from the chaos. Food was everywhere as tables were flipped up to be used as shields. They hadn't come alone. 20 or so men came through the house attacking us as we tried to take cover. We were outnumbered but not by skill as Giovanni, his brother and mine, as well as my father made quick work of the sudden attackers.

   It seemed like things would come to an end shortly and I think Giovanni had let his guard down. His father had long since moved from me and was now pointing his gun and his own son. Before I had time to think I jumped up and ran toward gio as the gun went off. The first shot grazed his left arm luckily leaving his dominant hand unimpaired. I dove on top of him pushing him down so he was out of the cross fire. I had heard 2 more shots come from his father's gun but they must have hit a wall? 

    I looked over Giovanni relieved to see he wasn't badly injured but he was looking at me panicked. I was confused but I suddenly started feeling drowsy, I coughed, blood splattering onto Giovanni. I swayed and fell over looking down. I saw blood pooling through my sweater. I heard my name being called but the voices were muffled, I was feeling so drowsy. My vision was closing as tears fell from my eyes, was I dying? I wasn't ready to go yet, I had overcome and been through so much to go out like this. I had just met my family and I didn't want to leave Dustin  behind as he had already lost one mother.

    It didn't seem like I had much of a choice as all voices around me were gone and my eyes closed. I was surrounded by darkness and I lost consciousness.....

Giovanni pov:

    I shot that bastard in the head with no remorse. I thought he had learnt his lesson but he was such a control freak he wanted things done his way. He was no longer the Don, that was my brother's position who was doing better than he ever did. Just like that I had killed my father and the woman I loved was dying in my arms because of him. I hadn't even gotten the chance to tell her or feel like I deserved to tell her after everything I've done or let happen. She had just completed the family she's always wanted and now that was all fading away.

   I just sat there frozen as her brother ripped her from my arms and ran her to the medical ward. My son was hurt, pulling myself together. I put Camilla in the back of my mind for a moment to make sure that my son was okay. He would be so broken if the person he loved so dearly as his mother was gone so for once in my life I prayed to god that she would make it through. Not for my sake but her own so that she could live a good life with her family. Dustin was sleeping in a medical bed arm wrapped in a cast to secure it. Through the chaos I saw my sister kill our mother before turning the gun on herself. She lived but our mother had not and I thank god that she was gone or I would have hurt her myself for what she did to my son.

    She couldn't protect my brother and I when we were younger, or herself for that matter. Even though she showed moments of being loving she was still as twisted as our father. And now she was gone and I genuinely have no feelings regarding that yet. Since Dustin was sedated I went over to find any news on Camilla. I ran into her brother outside the surgery room looking anxious. My brother and Camilla's father had stayed behind to clean up. My heart felt like it was going to come out my chest with worry.

   Hours went by before our head surgeon came out the room looking grim. "The bullets went clean through but her lung collapsed and her stomach was ruptured. We noticed a small growth on her ovaries while we were making sure she was in the clear. She had a malignant tumor that we removed. Luckily it seems we caught that early and it didn't spread but we should keep an eye on her for that again in the future. It might be a little harder for her to conceive in the future as well. She's since been sedated into a medically induced coma, not sure when she will wake up." Giving him a nod and making sure we had all the information we needed for her to make a full recovery.

   We were allowed in to see her but I left after making sure the medical staff treated her with the utmost respect and care. She was important and needed to recover safely. Now we just had to wait for her to wake up and we had no idea when that would be. How was I going to tell Dustin? Let alone raising him by myself again would be a challenge. But for Camilla I would do anything. My queen, the mother of my child, and our saviour. Please wake up soon...

A/N: Hope to have the next chapter up Saturday or so! See yall next update!