chapter 24

A/N: y'all omg I'm so tired but I must honor my updating schedule. I still have online classes and essays to do but I had to get this done.

Enjoy!

Chapter 24 

Giovanni’s pov

    Surely I've gone insane. Buying someone other than my son a gift, giving someone besides him my undivided attention. I got her a dog for crying out loud, they both suited each other, cute. When have I ever used words like cute? She surely is changing how I view the world and I don't know if I can accept it. But her smile, as soon as i see it all these conflicted thoughts go away and what I truly want becomes so clear.

    I want to be the one to make her smile and wake up next to her everyday, I want to be the one to protect and love her. Would she let me? Love her and give her the world, do I even deserve that chance after how i threw her into this lifestyle. After I couldn't even keep her safe letting her be swallowed into depressions dark pit. I want to be a good man for her, she makes me want to be a good man, her and my son of course.

    We’ve been getting closer these past few weeks, she’s been opening up to me and it makes me so happy to think that one day we may have something more. For now that’s just wishful thinking and I have to show her with actions that I'm a changed man. A date, I want to ask her out but what if she says no, what if it turns out to be a disaster. I sigh, come on Gio you’re a mob boss for gods sake. I need to just man up and take risks. Standing up from my desk, I walk through the many corridors to go take action.

Camila’s pov 

    Laying down on my bed with Raine on my stomach I sigh in boredom. My puppy whines sharing my sentiment, I wish there was something fun to do. Just as I think this there is a firm knock on my door, I stand up quickly and head to open the door. I turn the knob to see Giovanni standing there looking sheepish and oddly shy. I raised my eyebrow in excitement, hopefully he was offering some form of excitement. “ I was wondering if you wanted to go out on a date with me, It’s fine if you don’t I was just wondering you know-” Giggling I nod at him. “ Yes Giovanni I'll go out on a date with you.” 

    He looked so shocked that I actually said yes, but why wouldn’t I? He’s been nothing but nice and kind to me, and i’d be lying if i said he wasn’t attractive. I tell him to give me time to change, closing the door, as soon as I  have the door all way closed I squeal and jump up and down. My first real date! I can’t believe it, what should I wear. Looking through my closet I find a cute floral dress that falls to my knees, I decide to pair it with a solid pair of white flats. I quickly do a french braid to my hair and add some gloss to my lips. Smoothing my dress out I find Giovanni standing there looking casual in a navy long tee with black jeans. Damn he’s gorgeous, Gio clears his throat breaking me out of my trance of checking him out. Blushing I looked down quickly, how embarrassing to get caught staring.

    Giovanni lifted my chin forcing me to meet his gaze, for once that half smile was gone and replaced with a genuine full smile showing that he had dimples. Shit my heart just skipped a beat he needs to smile like this more often. “Don’t be embarrassed, you look absolutely breathtaking. Let’s go. I have a couple stops for us to make.” Giovanni grabs my hand pulling me along with him out the front door and into the car where the chauffeur was waiting for us. We chatted and joked throughout the 40 minute drive, it didn’t even feel like that long. The place we pulled up in front of was some sort of fair, there were rides set up, games and food booths as well.

    It looked like it would be really fun, I gave Giovanni’s hand a squeeze in appreciation before running ahead to see what this carnival had to offer. I hear him chuckle behind me somehow keeping in stride with my erratic speed walking. We go on the roller coaster and the merry go round and finish off with bumper cars, Giovanni was surpassing all my expectations of what I assumed him to be. On the surface he looked far too serious and cruel but he wasn’t like that with me or Dustin, there was so much emotion in his eyes when he looked at us. Somehow in the time it took me to think all of this about him he had won me a large panda teddy.

I helped it close as we went to our next and final destination, hopefully it was a meal because I  was starving now. My belly and I got our wish as we pulled up in front of a retro styled diner, I already had an idea of what to get just looking at the building. We step out of the car and enter the diner hand in hand, the hostess giving us a kind and warm smile as we approached. She led us to the table rambling off the specials of the day, everything sounded so good. We were seated in a booth and left on our own to decide our meals.

The silence going between us wasn’t awkward, it was peaceful and mellow. There was no real need to speak when his company was enough. 10 minutes passed and our waitress came over asking us what our was, we both ordered a double deluxe cheese burger but i got a jumbo chocolate brownie shake and he got sprite.  We chatted comfortably about random things from Dustin, to my new puppy and how we grew up. Our food came 30 mins later and we just enjoyed our meal, the shake so damn good but so was watching the man in front of me eat. Deep down I couldn't help but to hope we could do this again. Next time I'll be the one to ask him out. 

Here you go! Comment,what, and got if you want.

See y'all next update~