Ch. 39 Cheerleader

Start from the beginning

"Can you lift that one?" Todrick asked Scott, gesturing to the newer pile.

"Yeah, do it!" Mitch exclaimed, grinning again.

Scott saw what they were talking about several feet away and gave a shrug. They made their way to the tall hill of trash and Scott was able to lift it with ease. As he held it up, he glanced at Mitch who was looking at the junk in the air. He could see his eyes were once again shimmering with excitement. Mitch caught his eye and Scott quickly looked away, setting the trash down. Mitch looked like he was going to say something when he got distracted.

"Ooh, ooh! What about that one?!" He asked, pointing to an even bigger pile.

"I guess I could give it a shot." Scott said walking over to it. He bent down to pick it up when he was interrupted.

"Oh, wait." Mitch stopped him, and he started climbing the mountain of trash.

"Mitch, what are you doing?" Kirstie called up to him.

"Climbing, duh."

"Aren't you worried about messing up your pants?"

"Não. These aren't mine, they're Miguel's. I swiped them when I took his duffle bag."

"...Why?"

"Because, they're super cute. I kept asking him where he got them but he wouldn't tell me. It's not fair someone so rude has an ass so fat." He pouted, then smirked. "Obviously mine is better, and it looks terrific in these jeans."

Mitch paused his climbing to give it a light slap and everyone chuckled with minimal eye rolls. With a final smirk, Mitch made it to the top of the trash and sat down, crossing his legs.

"Alright, Mr. Incredible. Try to lift it now."

Scott smiled and wiped his hands off on his pants again. Then he grabbed hold of the bottom of the mountain and picked it up with minimal difficulty. Mitch squealed in delight as he felt himself rising through the air.

"Hey, Todrick, I found the- holy crap!" Avi cut himself off as he rejoined the group.

His jaw dropped when he saw Scott lifting the small mountain of trash topped with a grinning Mitch.

"Thanks, but last I checked, this was called a remote." Todrick said as he joined him, taking the item from Avi and inspecting it.

"Ha ha. Now, how did Mitch get up there?"

"He climbed."

"Isn't he afraid of falling?"

"Guess not."

Speaking of, Mitch enjoyed the view from the top of the summit for a bit before deciding to go back. Not bothering to wait for Scott to put the trash down, Mitch grabbed an old cardboard box and used it to slide to the bottom before jumping off. Landing on his feet, he gave Scott a quick smile and rejoined the group.

"Wow, Stretch is so strong!" Mitch mumbled to himself.

"You know that's not his name right?" Avi told him.

"What?"

"Stretch? That isn't his name."

"Well he answers to it, and no one's corrected me."

"No, his name is Scott." Avi chuckled.

"Ohh, well I knew there was an S and T in there somewhere." Mitch shrugged, not taking his eyes off the newly named blond.

"Hey, Scott! See if you can hold it up with one hand." Kirstie challenged.

"Okay!" He agreed, and Scott carefully started shifting all the weight to one arm.