Ch. 20 We Need A Plan

~*~Recap~*~

They finally understood what was happening when Mitch unzipped the duffel bag and emptied its contents on the bed. Kevin's eyes went wide and Avi gasped as thousands of money bundles fell out.

"Mitch?" Kevin asked, and he looked at him. "What did you do?!"

~*~*~

"I couldn't help myself, but it's not my fault!"

"How is it 'not your fault'? How could it possibly not be your fault?!" Kevin asked with a whisper-shout.

"Miguel was bragging about all the money he stole and he wouldn't share it with anyone. Ele não merecia isso!" Mitch exclaimed.

"That doesn't give you the right to take something that doesn't belong to you. Especially if it's money, not to mention stolen!" Avi fought back.

"Shh! Besides, if you were in my position you would've done the same thing."

"I doubt that. I really doubt that." Kevin whispered.

"Whatever, all that matters is they don't know where I am." Mitch replied, carefully going back to the window. He glanced outside for a few moments before sighing in relief and leaning against the wall. "Boa, eles finalmente se foram."

"Why should we help you hide? What makes you think we're not going to tell them where you are?" Avi quizzed, and Mitch gave him a death glare.

"Let me put it this way." He said, walking closer to Avi. "Before, if they caught me they would've just beaten me up for sending Luis their way. If they catch me now, they will kill me. If they kill me, guess who's next on their list?"

"What, you mean us? We didn't do anything to them."

"Really? Because right now, they know you have your car back, and they know the only way you could've pulled that off is with my help. They're still really pissed at me for the whole Luis thing, so they're gonna think we work together. If anyone works with me to make them look like idiots, those people get on their hit list. See where I'm going?"

Avi and Kevin were speechless. They had no idea how dangerous it would be working with someone like him. Kevin quickly thought of a way for them to get out of this predicament.

"We could turn you in to them, explain everything about how we just wanted our stuff back. I'm sure they'd understand, plus it sounds like they'd be glad just to get their hands on you." He said, matter of factly.

"Isso soa como um bom plano, but you're going to help me regardless."

"And why is that?"

"Because you guys still owe me a favor, and I'm cashing it in right now." Kevin and Avi voiced their complaints but Mitch held up his hand. "Silêncio! Now, the favor you owe me is getting me out of here safely. I'd prefer by plane, muito obrigado."

"Are you kidding me?! We've only been here a day and you want us to leave now?" Avi complained.

"Sim. Don't worry, I can use this money to buy all of us plane tickets. You guys won't have to spend a dime." Mitch said, gesturing to the cash he needed to put back in the duffle bag.

"This is crazy, this is crazy! Kevin, tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this is crazy!"

"Excuse us for a moment." Kevin told Mitch, then he grabbed Avi's arm and dragged him to the far corner of the room.

Mitch shrugged his shoulders and started putting the cash back in the duffle bag. When Kevin was sure he wasn't listening, he waited for Avi to calm down so they could talk.