Ch. 43 Early Morning

A/N Hey y'all! Happy New Year!!! If you haven't noticed, the pacing in this story is kinda slow. Wanna know something crazy and probably unbelievable? Fun Fact: Everything from Ch. 11 (Stolen), to my previous chapter, Ch. 42 (Fun Times), has taken place over the course of TWO DAYS!!! That means that 31 chapters have gone by in only 48 hours in-universe lol. Don't worry, I'll be able to skip around after I show y'all a couple more chapters ;) Enjoy!!!

~*~*~

The next morning, Kevin was up early talking on the phone with the person coming to fix his dishwasher. He gave them directions to his house and hung up just as Kirstie came downstairs.

"Morning." She yawned. "You're up early."

"Morning, Sleeping Beauty." He chuckled, looking at her bed head. "I wanted to make sure the kitchen was clean for the repairman when he comes."

"Oh, that's right. I was coming down here to make breakfast for everyone, but I'm guessing I should hold off?"

"Yeah, don't bother. I have an idea on what we can do instead... in fact, I have to make another call! Thanks for reminding me." Kevin told her, then he got back on his phone.

Kirstie turned when she heard a noise and saw Avi coming downstairs.

"Hey, how's your foot?" She asked gently.

"It's fine. It would be better if I had been warned about a hole in the ground yesterday. But it's whatever."

"I'm really sorry." Kirstie went over and gave him a soft hug. "I thought since I had a vision, it was unavoidable. Please forgive me?"

Avi quickly glanced away from her pleading puppy eyes and cleared his throat.

"Uh, yeah sure. Just promise me that you'll warn me of any other visions you might have that involve me getting hurt." He told her, patting her back.

"I promise!" She grinned, pulling away from the hug.

Just then, Kevin got off the phone and saw them on the steps.

"Aren't you supposed to be taking it easy today?" He questioned Avi, raising an eyebrow.

"I know that Todrick wants me to stay off my foot as much as possible today, but he's not here right now. That's why I'm using it as much as possible before he gets back." Avi answered.

"Where is Todrick?"

"He went to the bank for me." Kevin explained. "Thanks to a certain someone, I'm a little low on cash right now, but I don't want to use my card when the repairman comes over. Some people can reprogram the machines you swipe your card in to copy your information. Though I doubt he would do that, it's better to be safe than sorry. Todrick should be back soon."

The next moment, they heard the front door open and close.

"Huh, I wonder who that could be." Avi wondered sarcastically.

"Well, speak of the devil."

"I think he's closer to an angel." Kirstie mused, and Kevin chuckled.

"Trust me, you guys haven't known him as long as I have. You'd be surprised with what he's capable of."

"My ears are itchy," Todrick said, finally reaching the living room. "Were you guys talking about me?"

"What? No! Why on Earth would we do something like that?" Kevin lied, and Todrick smirked.

"Mhm. So what were you guys talking about?"

"Do you remember Jake? That kid in our science class?"