Ch. 44 Eggs

A/N My laptop is being a butt and now it won't charge. So the battery is slowly dying and I have online classes that start next week :) ...Anyway! Enjoy this chapter that I finished last night!

~*~*~

"Ugh, can't these people go any faster? Don't they know I have nowhere to be?" Mitch complained as he sipped his Starbucks.

He, Todrick, and Avi were currently stuck in the beginnings of morning traffic. Todrick honked the horn as a car cut them off in the street.

"I wouldn't say you have nowhere to be. What about the restaurant we're going to?"

"I don't care about that, I'm just along for the ride... and my Starbucks."

Todrick sighed and shook his head as the car pulled into the parking lot. Much to Avi's irritation, he let him out at the door before parking the car. By the time Todrick and Mitch joined Avi at the front, the others had showed up, turning the corner. They gave a wave and jogged over.

"Alright, you guys ready?" Kevin asked when they regrouped.

After some nods, they opened the door and went inside.

"Sorry, but we're not open yet." A waiter apologized.

"It's alright. We're actually here to help out. I spoke with Jake earlier." He explained.

"Oh my gosh, Kevin!" A voice said, and a guy with sandy hair ran out and gave him a hug.

"Jake! How's it going?"

"I didn't think you'd actually come."

"I said I would, didn't I?"

"Yeah, and you brought help! Thank you so- Todrick?!"

"Hey Ja- Oof!" Todrick was cut off by Jake giving him a hug too.

He laughed and returned the hug with a pat on the back.

"It's been too long! Mind introducing me to your friends?"

"Sure."

Todrick introduced everyone and they gave small waves to Jake.

"Well, it's nice to meet you all. Come on, I'll take you guys back to the kitchen." Jake told them, and led everyone through the restaurant.

When they got to the kitchen, the workers were busy running around, getting ready for the doors to open.

"Alright, tell us what you need help with, and we'll see what we can do." Kevin said.

"Okay, well since you guys came from outside, the first thing I need everyone to do is wash their hands." Jake instructed, and gestured to a large, empty sink. As they went over to do as he said, Jake continued. "We'll need more chefs, someone to grab ingredients from the freezer, people to provide our chefs with the eggs, and some waiters if you don't mind."

Mitch raised his hand.

"Yes, Mitch was it?"

"Uh, yeah. I'm not going to be participating so can I go? Also, where's the trash? I need to throw away my cup."

"You don't want to help?" Kirstie asked, but Jake just smiled.

"Are you sure? If you help out as a waiter, you'll get to keep your tips. Plus, everyone who helps out gets a free lunch."

Mitch's ears twitched at the word 'tips' and he perked up.

"Did you just say I get to keep tips?"

"Yeah, but that's only if you help out as a waiter."

"Why didn't you say so? Sign me up!"

"I figured." Jake chuckled, and he grabbed an apron from the hooks by the freezer. "Here, you'll need one of these, and I'll take your cup."