He shook his head, "no, not that I can remember."

The older boy stood up and took off his jacket and stethoscope, putting them back in their respective places. He plopped himself onto the bed, lying next to Taehyun and leaning on his hand so he could look up at the blonde.

"Wanna crash here?" Yeonjun asked, patting the grey duvet beneath him with a smirk. Why is everyone acting so seductive to me lately? After concluding that it was because of his freshly-bleached hair, Taehyun shrugged, "might as well, it's already too late to go home."

Yeonjun stood up and grabbed a plain t-shirt, "you'll get too hot sleeping in that. Do you want a pair of shorts too?" Shaking his head, Taehyun accepted the t-shirt and turned around, taking off his long-sleeved one.

"So, you and Beom.. gyu-" The older's words cut off at the end, sounding forced. Taehyun hummed questioningly in response, turning around to face a Yeonjun whose eyes were wide as he slowly repeated himself, "you and Beomgyu."

Sitting down, Taehyun's eyebrows furrowed. He crossed his legs and faced Yeonjun who was leaning against his bedframe. The blonde's hands smoothed over the bumps in the duvet as he disregarded the older's presence.

Looking up, he saw Yeonjun glaring at him. Taehyun rolled his eyes, "how am I supposed to answer that type of rhetorical-esque question? I don't know what you mean." Yeonjun groaned, ruffling his hair and dragging a hand down his face.

"Are you two friends?" Yeonjun asked, biting at his fingernails before realizing and stopping. Easily, Taehyun answered, "no." For some reason, he felt that if he added any more to that sentence, he would hesitate.

But, no, Beomgyu was not Taehyun's friend even if the blonde was the older one's. To the distant, circumspect boy, they were merely acquaintances. They were simply colleagues who happened to get tied-up in a forest together.

The same forest that they needed to walk through for over an hour together just to get to a stupid river.

With that settled, Yeonjun nodded and switched off the light; the two falling asleep quickly.

It was Monday again and Taehyun was, as per somewhat usual, exhausted. Over the weekend, many different events transpired. Other than passing out for the third time, he started hearing voices.

The voices were incoherent but sounded as if they were spoken in a different language. These voices were too far back in Taehyun's mind that after a while, he stopped noticing them whenever they came back.

But, it still struck him odd that he was hearing them at all. He knew that he couldn't completely ignore them so he decided he would speak to Beomgyu again. The dark-haired, alluring boy was the only one who was with him the day it all had started.

Therefore, he was the only one he could comfortably talk to about his newly occurring issues.

When walking into the school with Kai, he heard a loud crash. Many students around him were startled, debating whether or not they should go toward the noise.

Taehyun and Kai didn't think about if it were a murderer. They just immediately ran toward where they heard numerous people talking. What they saw was unexpected.

Against a row of lockers was Beomgyu, trapped underneath a bright-haired senior. Yeonjun was practically crushing him into the beige lockers, but the dark-haired boy still kept a smile on his face.

Neither Taehyun nor Kai could make out what Yeonjun had said to the other, but they watched as Beomgyu visibly scoffed. Then, a voice called out, "what the hell are you doing?"