"Maryam tell him that I'm not talking to him," Bella said to me.

"Why are you not talking to him?" I said to her.

"Because I talked to Soniya yesterday and she is jealous!" Peter answered.

"Oh really you were literally flirting with her Peter!" Said Bella.

"Peter why were you flirting with her and who is Soniya?" I said.

"Soniya is one of my old friend, the fake one," Bella said with an annoyed expression on her face.

"But I was not flirting with her; she was the one who was clinging onto me," Peter exclaimed.

"When and how did you guys meet her?" Zain asked.

"Yesterday when we were on a date at an amusement park she approached us saying a long time no see" Peter said.

"Like we- no I want to see her" Bella said and rolled her eyes.

"Did you guys go to the amusement park without us?" I said in an angry tone.

"Sorry! It was a sudden plan" Peter apologised.

"Let's make a plan for an amusement park next week, what do you say?" Zain said happily.

"I am in" we all said in unison.

"Yeah but Peter, don't you dare betray my friend and flirt with another girl?" I ordered.

"Yeah I know that if I did something like that I will not be able to recognise my own face in the mirror" Peter said and we all laughed out loud.

Then we ordered our coffee and started chit chatting. When we are done we got out of the cafe and bid our goodbyes to each other and as always being a good and protective friend Zain said we are going home together but he has to buy something from a nearby shopping mall so we went there. While he was buying something from men's wear corner I went to women's wear corner to look for some comfy clothes.

When I was looking for a dress on an aisle someone tapped on my shoulder. When I turned around I saw my cousin omair with his wife Zainab. Omair is my only paternal aunt's son. Aunt Reem is my father's only sister.

"Assalamualaikum" I said.

"Wa alaikum assalam" they answered.

"How come you guys are here?" I asked.

"Don't you know we have settled in this city" Zainab answered.

"Oh! I didn't know that! aunt and uncle also settled here?" I asked.

"Yes, our whole family has settled here," She answered.

"Except Zaid he is in life USA for studies" Omair added.

"How are they doing?" I asked.

"They are fine," Zainab answered.

"How about you? what are you doing here?" Omair asked.

"I came here with my friend who is buying something from the men's wear corner," I said.

"Friend or boyfriend?" Zainab asked, lifting her eyebrows.

"No! No! He is just a friend, a family friend" I explained.

"Maryam" Zain yelled from my back after approaching me.

"Hey Zain, meet my cousin Omair and his wife Zainab," I said pointing towards them and they greeted each other.

"So you're single," Zainab said. 'why is she curious about my relationship status?' I thought.

"Yeah! I don't have time for a relationship and I don't want to be in a haram relationship" I said.

"Maryam, we're getting late," Zain said.

"Okay Zainab and Omair see you soon and don't forget to visit us when you're free, and say Salam to Aunt Reem" I said and bid our byes to each other and went to the counter where Zain paid for his things and then we walked out of the shop.

"Do you want to have dinner at a nearby restaurant? it's already dinner time," Zain said.

"Yes I'm hungry but let me inform mom first so that she will be at ease that I've already eaten" I said.

"There's a restaurant nearby that serves good food there," Zain said.

"Then let's go there" I answered and we went to that restaurant.

The restaurant was not that big but it was beautiful with a green theme. I just love being in a good environment and easily get impressed by the decorations of places which are good here. Then we took an empty table for two and sat facing each other. Then a waiter brought the menu to us and then we ordered our food. After eating Zain insisted to pay for the food but I declined him so we paid for individuals and then we got home by bus.

After performing my Isha prayer I went to bed and started scrolling through my SNS and uploaded some selfies which we took at the cafe with Bella, Peter and Zain. Then after an hour of watching Kdrama I drifted off to sleep.

---------------------------------

A/N: A much needed character development.
How are you people doing? There's alot of drama waiting for you in this story don't forget to vote and comment. I always wait for your comments and to all the hidden readers don't be shy and comment your thoughts.

👇 Click the star below 👇