Plot 1- Chapter 1

LOCATION: NEW PUBLIC SCHOOL, BAREILLY

"Good afternoon Teacher" ... greeted the students of eight standard, section A, New Public School Bareilly.

"Good afternoon" Svetlana Kapoor greeted them back with a generous smile.

"Please sit down" she instructed and the class sat down in their respective seats. "Today we are going to read something interesting" she talked in all excitement bringing out curiosity in the class.

"We are going to read the story of Trojan war" she said and the students put up a blank face having no idea of what it could be.

"Teacher" a hand raised in doubt.

"Sahil... I didn't yet start the class and you are ready with a question" she playfully glared at him.

Sahil grinned at his favorite English teacher "But mam... I do have a genuine doubt"

"Hmm... what is it?"

"Why should we read Trojan war? Why not Romeo and Juliet?"

Svetlana rolled her eyes "Because it is not in your syllabus... ab baitho aur chup chap suno (now sit and listen without a word)" she ordered him and he obeyed.

Forty five minutes later the bell rang marking the end of the class and end of the lecture for the day.

"Okay... so tomorrow we will see how prince Paris's decision effected his entire kingdom" she said smiling and got eager nods by her students who were now gripped by the story.

"Mam... when will we get our books for the year?" asked Kamala standing in her place.

"Your favorite bhaiyya will come with the year books today" she informed and the class cheered.

"Then it is obvious that didi will be coming in the evening too... with her cupcakes... right mam?" asked Sahil without missing a beat.

"Sahil!!" admonished Svetlana in a scolding tone.... "You are becoming naughty day by day...don't trouble Omkara" she said and he looked at her as if he didn't understand a word she just spoke.

"Don't give me that clueless look... you very well know what I am asking you... stop pestering him"

Sahil nodded his head vigorously in agreement and Svetlana though doubtful of his obedience, left the class to let them have their lunch.

Once the teacher left the classroom, the clatter of lunch boxes and chatter of devilish mouths began filling the room.

Kamala who recently joined the class from a nearby village for that academic year asked her new friend Roshni "Who is going to give us books? Why did Svetlana mam scold Sahil?"

Roshni smiled at the newbie as she put a morsel of rajma chawal in her mouth... after she completed chewing and swallowing it, she called her best friend Sahil.

"Sahil... Kamala wants to know about Omkara bhaiyya and Gauri di" she shouted and the whole class turned towards her.

Getting disbelieving looks from her fellow classmates, Kamal felt nervous...she nudged her friend and said in a whisper "Wasn't I supposed to know? Why is everyone looking at me weirdly?"

Roshni yelled again "Guys... she just joined our school a week back... stop looking at her like that and let us fill her in..."

"No... on second thoughts.... Let us enact the famous love story of our school" said a smirking Sahil and got encouraging cheers from the class.

******************************************************************************************************************************

The stage was cleared in no time to set up the scene and the door of the classroom duely closed. They had half an hour for the lunch time to end and they decided to make maximum use of it.