She flinched slightly when he cuts her off, finding herself staring at him with dumbfounded eyes. When he looks away from his screen to glance at her, she swore her heart flipped and her tummy feels like it has been twisted in knots at how cold his eyes are.

"T-Thank you Mister Kim. I will email it right away"

"Please make sure you write your full name in the email. I do not want to be receiving empty emails"

Haru halted her steps, turning to look at him just to find him already focusing on whatever work he was doing from just now

Haru halted her steps, turning to look at him just to find him already focusing on whatever work he was doing from just now. She stands there, unable to find her voice when she feels her entire body shaken at his sudden coldness towards her. Not wanting to appear awkward, she turns to Madam Choi, offering her a little bow as she bids her goodbye and after pondering to herself, she decided not to turn to Mister Kim. She walks straight out the office, closing the door behind her before letting out the breath she did not realize she was holding.

"What did I do?", she breathes out heavily. "Did I say something wrong to him? Why was he like that?"

-

As much as she hates going to her parents' home, there are certain time she feels the need to be at home, just for the sake of wanting to be at "home". Despite the big house being vacant most of the time, the beautiful chandelier hung in the middle of the spacious living room is always switched on. Haru likes the chandelier very much. Such a beautiful piece, hung in the midst of an empty living room, giving a breathe of life to fill in the hollowness.

She is tired. Too tired. Almost fatigued but god bless the red ginseng drink Dr Kim has given her the night before. She has been out and about, barely had the time to think about herself. Thus, she wants to rest for a while right now, thinking of nothing but herself. Plopping herself onto the big white couch, she drops her bag onto the floor and throws her keys onto the big marble coffee table.

"I need a break", she murmurs weakly, eyes staring at the bright chandelier above her. "I really need a time out"

She sits there in definite silence, only the sounds of her own breathing and the soft blowing of the air conditioner filling in the void. There are so many things in her head; Jiwoo and her family problem, Haneul and her sickness, her parents and their ignorance and then, there is Kim Taehyung.

She has been too busy and caught up with others that she has forgotten to process their situation right now. He did pop in her head every now and then, but she never really got the time to properly sit and think about this. Now that she has nothing to do, she really needs to sort her messy thoughts and feelings for real.

"What am I going to do with him"

She recalls the embarrassment she felt when she realized Mister Kim is the man she hooked up with. Their first encounter in the office last Monday is something she would love to forget. But then, when she thinks about it all over again, she was clearly innocently attracted to him in the first place. If not, she would not find the courage to actually approach him and played along with flirting game.

Both of them were playing the dangerous game that night and to be honest, she should not be the only one feeling awkward in this situation.

"I should really stop—"

The sudden ringing of her phone startled her, making her sits up straight. She quickly reached for her phone on the table, her heart almost stopped when she sees Dr Kim's name on the screen.

"Dr Ki—",

"You need to come now. Haneul is not stable. Come now"

-

Sprinting through the main entrance of the hospital, Haru did not spare any glance to her surrounding as she runs. She cannot think of anything than wanting to reach Haneul's room as fast as she can. Reaching the lift area, she taps on the button hoping that it will arrive sooner, but everything seems to be moving so slow when you are in a rush. Forgetting the lift, she runs towards the stairs, almost bumping into one of the nurses on which she quickly apologized.

She turns around only to bump into another person, her face hitting the side of the person making her almost stumble to the floor. The man was fast enough, fortunately, to catch her arm and pull her up.

"I am sorry, I didn't see you—eh?"

Haru looks up through her wet lashes, vision blurry from all the crying

Haru looks up through her wet lashes, vision blurry from all the crying. Her heart skipped a beat at the sight of Mister Kim looking at her, big round eyes looking very much surprised. But she could not waste any second here, thus she quickly bows to him and sprinted towards the stairs, leaving him dumbfounded.

Taehyung stands there, still, and awkward as he watches her disappear into the crowd and runs up the stairs. He needed a few seconds to process the sudden encounter with Haru, wondering if he was actually seeing things. He could not believe she just appeared out of nowhere and disappeared just like that.

Then it suddenly crosses his mind.

Haru's eyes were red and it was too obvious to not notice the tears on her face. He only saw her face for a split second, but he could see the mixed emotions on her face. She looks hurt, tired, hurt, sad, worried, anxious and many more and all of them are balled into one.

"Oh damn", he palms his face before letting out a sigh. He stands there thinking, gulping slowly as he sorts his thought before finally coming to decision. "I can't believe I am doing this"

And with that, he quickly runs towards the same stairs Haru took, hoping that he can catch her in time. He has no idea how and why he is even running after her, but he knows he needs to.

~~~~

NOTE

Hello everyone! I know I have been updating a lot these days. I hope it has been good too. I have been writing a lot like A LOT and I cant seem to stop T_T. But anyway, i hope this chapter is good too! Thank you for reading! Love love youuu