Chapter 31

(Sami's POV)

"Are you just going to stare at me the whole time?" D asked

"I don't have a choice. You do reckless stuff all the time."

"Its not like I can do anything here. Especially with Madame Pomphry here."

"You're sneaky. You can probably injure yourself from breathing." 

"Oh come off it S. I know I almost died and all."

"Shut up. All that bird do was scratch you. The only harm done was If that claw moved a little bit up you might have damage that good face of yours."

"Are you telling me I'm handsome?" he teased

"I'm telling you that I already have to see your ugly face everyday. I don't want it to be more damaged. I don't want to be blind."

"Yeah yeah. You can't take it back. You think I'm handsome."

We just chuckled.

Suddenly the doors blasted open. We saw my dad walking towards us. 

He checked D for more injuries. After that he cupped my face and looked at me for injuries.

"I'm fine dad. D is the one on the bed, not me."

"What were you thinking Draco?" dad hissed

"Brown was teasing S. I have to defend her." he challenged.

"Yeah defend her by getting wacked by a bloody bird. You could have died." Dad pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I didn't think -" he was cut off.

"Yes. You certainly did not think." Dad snapped

"Dad its okay. He just tried to defend me even though I didn't need it.( I looked at D)

But none the less, his intention was very sweet so stop scolding him."

"You two don't get it do you? I'm your father Samantha. I get worried. I am Draco's godfather. I also get worried about him. I don't care what his intentions were. I don't like the both of you putting yourselves in unnecessary danger. Draco you acted like a Gryffindor. Since you did not think of listening to your teacher, you would have detention with me. You will write an essay on how you should have handled the situation in the Slytherin way After your hand is healed."

"Yes sir" D looked down

"Did you or did you not take up classes on manners young man?"

D looked him in the eye, "Sorry sir. I did take classes. I will write the essay after I'm all healed up."

"Good." He patted D's head

"Now you (he pointed at me) go eat in the Great hall."

"No thanks. I'll stay with D to keep him company."

"It was not a request young lady."

"But-"

"No buts. I will be with Draco. Go, you have to eat."

"Alright, I'll see you later D"

I was heading to the great hall when the trio confronted me.

"Where were you?" Harry asked 

"I was just with D at the hospital" 

"Why do you even hang out with a bully and an ignorant." Harry said

"Pardon me?" I asked shocked 

"You know about his big head Samie." Ron said

"Stop insulting him will you. He is at the hospital wing right now."

"Its his fault anyway. Insulting a hippogriff. He got what was coming." Ron said

"Can all of you both shut up! His actions are questionable and probably dumb" 

Ron snickered and I gave him the best Snape glare I can muster to shut him up.

"But his intentions were good. While I was scared of that thing he was the one who calmed me. When Brown and some of you Gryffindors snickered, D was the only one defending me. He may approach it in the wrong way but he insulted the hippogriff to let me know it was not that dangerous. But as we can see, it was. At least he was defending me unlike some people."

"You're talking about defending people when you didn't even defend Harry your own brother from Malfoy's taunts." Ron said 

"He only did that because you were insulting our house."

"He insulted Neville." Hermione said

"And I scolded him for that. But then a few moments later I heard you guys insulting my friends and our house all in all. I'll understand if you insulted D but you insulted everyone of us. D and the squad only teased you because they saw how upset I was. I know You-Know-Who came from our house but you don't have to generalize us. We are not all evil. You guys are talking about bullies but you yourselves are one. From the moment a student, an 11 year old child is sorted into Slytherin everyone will judge them."

"We can't help it. Most Slytherins were rude to us non-Slytherin." Harry said

"Don't you think we are what we are because from the very start you already labeled us as ignorant bullies."

"Even Snape. I'm sorry I know he is your father but he favors your house. It isn't fair at all. He doesn't even punish Slytherins even if its obviously their fault" Ron said

"Can't you see why he favors us??? Because everyone else even some of the teachers dislike us. Every quidditch game when Slytherin plays, everyone sides with our opponent, can't you see everyone is against us? It is always 3 over 1. From what I heard Slytherin should have won the house cup on your first year but Gryffindor won it because of you three. I agree that your points were legal but the thing I was irritated about is the headmaster made the Slytherins think they won it, only to be snatched away from them. Don't you see how humiliating that must feel?"  

"I get it but the punishments. Snape always let you guys get away with it." Hermione said

"That is where you are wrong. He might not punish us in public but he always punish us when we get inside our common room. My dad loves discipline. One toe out of line and we are made to clean hundreds of cauldron. He doesn't punish us outside because he wants to know the real truth before punishing us. Unlike some of the professors that will gladly punish us if they think we did something wrong."

"So just remember this, we are what we are because of people like you. Not all of us are bad. Not all of us will turn Dark. Even Merlin was a Slytherin. But no, you only see the faults we have made. You only see You know who's sins but not the achievement of Merlin himself. All houses have dark wizards. You only choose to see the bad side of us Slytherins."

I was just so frustrated that I walked away leaving them speechless. and went inside my dad's quarters.