Chapter 62

Hermione slowly approached the werewolf with caution. "Professor? .... Professor Lupin?"

A loud howl snapped Samie from her stupor. Meanwhile, Severus cursed himself at what Hermione was doing. Approaching a werewolf was a foolish thing to do. Bright as she is, she can sometimes be dull. 

Severus caught the eyes of his godson; he gave Samie to her and mouthed to Draco, "Don't let her go." As much as he was frightened, Draco nodded in determination and tightly grabbed Samie. 

Samie looks confused but then looks at her father approaching the trio. Samie quickly tried to escape from Draco's grasp but failed. "Dad!" Samie whimpered, "I need to help him, D." Draco, for the first time, didn't listen to Samie. He was hard-set on protecting her. He would not fail his godfather. 

"And what are you going to do? Wrestle the beast to the ground? For once in your life, think S!" 

Severus quickly went to the three children. He used his body to shield them from the werewolf since there was no time to do anything else. Unfortunately, the wolf clawed Snape's chest, and they all fell to the ground. The beast approached them slowly. A large black dog suddenly tackled it to the ground as it was about to strike again. Severus hastily stood up, grabbing the children and placing them behind him. 

Samie and Draco watched in horror as the two kept fighting. The black dog, which was Sirius made the wolf chase him. "Sirius!" Harry shouted. He quickly followed. "Come back here, Potter!" Snape snapped. Hermione tried to follow Harry but Snape grabbed her jacket to stop her. "Stay here." He all but growled. 

"Harry!" Samie screamed. She got out of Draco's hold for a short time, but Draco quickly caught her again. "Let me go, D! He's my brother. I can't let him be alone." 

"S, we both know you're not thinking this through." "I don't care! He's in danger, and he needs my help!" Samie tried her best to get out of Draco's hold that she even reverted to violence. She kept hitting and kicking Draco to let her go.

"SAMANTHA! Stop it! We both know you going to him would only cause you both harm. Remember your condition! He gets hurt. You get hurt." Samie immediately stopped. Draco never called her by her real name. This only means he was really serious. Samie nodded and wiped the tear the trickled down her face.

After grudgingly tending to Ron and Hermione, Severus quickly went to her daughter and godson. Samie has a small gash on her right cheek while Draco has scratches from Samie. "Are both of you alright?"

They both nodded, and Severus released a sigh of relief. "Dad, what about Harry?" "Stay here, okay? I will send a Patronus to Albus and the other staff while I go look for Potter." Samie was so exhausted and just nodded. Snape kissed both Draco's and Samie's forehead. "Be safe." He said, but his eyes were directed at Draco, signaling him to protect her. Draco nodded and said, "We're the one who supposed to say that to you, uncle Sev" Draco tried to joke to loosen up the tension. Severus just snorted but bid them goodbye. 

Both Hermione and Ron were watching the scene in awe. They have never seen Snape so ... caring before. 

Severus quickly followed the way Harry went through. 

Draco just held a weakened Samie in confusion. He didn't know why she felt so weak. "Are you okay?"

Samie already felt the coldness and the feeling of emptiness, "Ha-Harry's in trouble." Samie whispered.

Draco just hugged her and prayed to anyone listening to make Severus get to Harry faster. After a moment, Samie just blacked out.

 After a moment, Samie just blacked out

Happy Christmas/Holiday!! Once again, thank you for all your support! So I did another quick drawing of what I think the scene would look like, and I hope you like it haha. I'm trying to improve my drawing skills that are sorely lacking, haha. Anyway, I hope you guys had a great Holiday and wish you all the best ♥