Chapter 64

~A few hours ago~

Severus' breath was erratic and unsteady. He was putting on a façade of calmness and discipline. The truth is, he was terrified. Although he despises admitting it, he is still traumatized by the marauder's prank on him even years after it occurred. 

Seeing that beast in close proximity to his students, as well as his daughter and godson, caused his stomach to quench. While attempting to protect the golden trio, he went completely still when he came face to face with the beast. It seemed like he was back in 6th year all over again. It all flashed through his eyes in a split second, but fortunately, his lapse didn't cause too much consequences as a large black dog tackled the wolf. He was genuinely disappointed in himself because he didn't even bother to fire a single hex at the wolf, instead choosing to take the attack like a coward.

And now, instead of making sure his daughter and godson were alright, he was following Potter, making sure he wouldn't get himself killed. Why does that Potter boy constantly trying to be the hero?

As Snape was heading down, he saw a swarm of dementors approaching Potter and Black. He was about to cast his Patronus when a bright light blinded his eyes. Severus saw a luminous stag chasing the dementors away. He almost swore he saw James Potter, but the Patronus was too bright to actually to see any noticeable feature. As much as the anonymous person's Patronus was strong, there were still a handful of dementors. 

Snape easily thought of a happy memory. Once upon a time, his truest and happiest memory was that of a girl. She had the most beautiful and greenest eyes he had ever seen, with flowing red fiery hair that matches her temper. But now, the memory that he chose was infinitely more powerful; instead of the red wavy hair like a flame dancing away, he is now imagining silky black hair, like an ink used to write heartwarming letters to that of a loved one. A sly smile that is just so contagious you can't help but do the same, and those beautiful green eyes, eyes that show him how loved he is, how for the first time in forever he thought that maybe he did something right. He thought of his daughter. Every moment that he spends with her, the good days and even the bad days. Oh, he still thinks of his red-headed girl, but now he thinks of their daughter in extension. He drew out his wand and conjured his Patronus. 

"Expecto Patronum."

~ Time skip~

After the dementors were driven away, Snape headed to Potter and Black. He kneeled and looked at the boy he was sworn to protect. He seemed fine, which means his daughter was alright too. He released a sigh of relief. 

He carefully lifted the boy in his arms and cast a quick warming charm. The boy was shivering, and Snape was a bit worried. It was hard looking at the boy, even in his defenseless self right now. He looked so much like his father, and it didn't help that Black was only a foot near them. 

While carrying the unconscious lad, he cast a levitation charm on Black. Unlike Potter, he didn't give a damn if a tree just suddenly hit Black's head.

~ Time skip~

As Snape entered the hospital wing, he saw Granger sitting on Weasly's bed. They all turned to him. Granger quickly called Madam Pomphry as Snape placed an unconscious Potter to bed. Snape then placed Black on a similar bed, just without the care he did with Potter. 

Half of Black's body may be on the floor, but Snape didn't really care. He immediately went to his daughter's and godson's side.

She looked so pale and weak. Snape kissed her head and looked at his godson. Draco took quite a beating from his daughter. He knows that Draco went through a lot, from trying to escape the beast and taking care of Samie. Snape sent a house-elf to the Malfoys, explaining some details that have been transcribed. As much as he wants to disclose the truth entirely, Snape doesn't know where their loyalties truly lie. He trusts them with his life and even her daughter's, but he doesn't know what will transpire if they find out where he Severus Snape's loyalty lies. He must first convince them that they should switch to the light or be neutral before he exposes himself to them.

Dumbledore suddenly entered. He approaches Snape and puts his hand on his shoulder. Snape doesn't want to leave his daughter or his godson alone, but he knows he has to relay everything to him to formulate a plan.

Snape and Dumbledore left the room when Poppy suddenly gave a frightening squeak when she noticed Black.

"What happened, Severus?" Dumbledore asked

"It was Pettigrew all along. Black was never the secret keeper. The Potters changed it to Pettigrew. Black was coming here to kill Pettigrew, who in turn was an unregistered animagus. You have to hide Black, or he will suffer the dementor's kiss." Snape said in one go.

Dumbledore's eyes twinkled, "For as long as I've known, I would have thought you would be glad for Mr. Black to be kissed by a dementor, ecstatic even." 

Snape glared daggers at Dumbledore, "This is not a joke Albus, I may have done questionable things in the past, but I am not a monster who will relish at the punishment of an innocent man. Even if said innocent man was Black." He hissed.

Dumbledore raises his hand in surrender, "Now, now Severus. No need to be Snappy."

Severus was about to retort an insult when he stopped himself and instead asked, "What of Black then. Surely the Aurors are on their way. How will you hide him?"

Dumbledore smiled. A smile that says he has a plan. "Easy. I won't hide him."

Severus sputtered, "The Aurors would surely arrest him on site, Albus! They will not believe that he was innocent."

"Oh, I know."

For the first time in a long time, Snape now saw the man that defeated Grindelwald, the man that the Dark Lord is afraid of instead of a caring grandfatherly headmaster. "You would just let them give Black the kiss?"

"No."

"Then what?"

Dumbledore looked at Severus with his very twinkling eyes, "I have a plan that you just have to trust. But before it can take place, there is something you would need to do beforehand."

ANDDDD that's another chapter! I would love to know your thoughts about it. I am trying so hard to not make Snape OOC haha. Anywayss thank you for still reading and voting my work! ♥♥♥