Singing is my Life-Chpt 7

On the car ride back to Finn's house him and I had time alone to talk.

"So, who is this 'Cupcake' character?" I ask looking innocent.

"Um, no one" Finn says quickly.

"Well, if it was no one then you wouldn't be avoiding the subject!" I sat defiantly! He is NOT going to get away with this one.

"He's just a guy." Finn says with a little anger.

"I really don't want to pry but I kind of need to know everything about you to date you. If we don't have total honesty then what do we have?" I ask.

"I don't know. Why don't we talk about this some other time, we're at your house."

The whole time we were talking I had no idea he was driving me to my own house. Something was up with this "cupcake" guy and I intended to find out.

I walked inside my house and ran straight to my room. Apparently I wasn't fast enough because soon as my foot was on the last step Uncle called me down.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Tomorrow we're doing a project on strong solos. Everyone needs to pick out a song that defines them and I want you to be an example." He says. Good thing he didn't talk about the "you know what".

"I don't think so...maybe ask someone else in the Glee club?" I ask. I really wasn't in the mood to sing right now.

"Ok, I know just the washed up star!" he says and immediately picks up his cell phone.

Kurt's POV

Something has changed within me

something is not the same

I'm through with playing by the rules

of someone else's game

"Hello?" I asked silently singing along to the ring tone that had ended.

"Kurt, its Mr. Shue. I was wondering if you could do something for me."

"What do you really want me too? I mean, I don't even go to your school anymore." I say.

"Well, Ray is really down in the dumps and I asked her to sing a song for the class but she said no so I was wondering if you could no matter where you go to school." he asked.

"I really do miss McKinley and I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to say hi and show them what I can do. I would be honored Mr. Shue! What song should I sing?" I asked already thinking of thousands of songs.

"A song that defines you. Something that you really love to sing and it describes you!" Mr. Shue says.

"That's great! I'll have a song for you by tomorrow!" I say then slam my phone down and instantly start humming some song ideas. Then the door bell rings and I run to go get it.

"Hello, who are you?' I ask to the INSANELY handsome guy at my doorstep. He looked like he was still in high school though his muscles begged to differ, they were HUGE! His eyes were a vibrant blue, almost as if they were electric. He wore a white wife beater over some sagging jeans with gold thread and gold instead of white for the washed out look. He had a tiny Mohawk but he still had hair going down the sides. He kind of looked like Finn, but with different eyes.

"I'm Finn's cousin from Florida. Are you Finn's other boyfriend? Cupcake will be glad to know this! Oh and this also means that I can get in Ray's pants!!!" Says Finn's cousin completely forgetting me while he mumbled to himself about Ray and boyfriends. OMG did he call me Finn's OTHER boyfriend???

"Um, no, his mom married my dad and we live together." I say trying not to think of Finn and I going out.

"Darn, you just ruined all my plans! Oh well, where's Finn?" He asks.

"Um, in his room...what was your name again?" I ask trying to get more info on him.

"Ryan...now move so I can talk to Finn!" Ryan said.

"Whatever" I say as I head back to my room to practice for tomorrow.

I walk into my room and thank the lord for my house to be sound proof! Having that creepy pervert in my house listening to me sing would just make my life a whole lot worse. I turn on my iPod and shuffle songs. First song is "Take it off" by Ke$ha, then "Teeth" by Lady Gaga, then the perfect song! "Ordinary" by Saving Jane.

City lights shine down upon the place that I call home

Surrounded by a million but I feel like I'm alone

And I might be a nobody to you

But if I'm playing, would you listen?

If you would get to know me

Maybe you would love me

I'm so ordinary

Dragging 'round an old guitar that I can't even play

I fade into your background like a piece of yesterday

I might be a nobody to you

But somewhere they're gonna listen

If you would get to know me

Maybe you would love me

I'm so ordinary

And if you would let me know you

Maybe I would show you

Wouldn't we be something?

Sad the way we always seem to pass by one another

Hiding, so afraid of the things we might discover

Caught up in a moment that only you can live in

You never know who's giving the air that you might breathe in

If you would get to know me

Maybe you would love me

I'm so ordinary

And if you would let me know you

Maybe I would show you

Wouldn't we be something?

City lights shine down upon the place that I call home

Surrounded by a million but I feel like I'm alone

And I might be a nobody to you

But somewhere, they're gonna listen

I sing it a few times practicing and seeing here I need to improve. After about 3 tries I think I have it perfect! I call Finn, even though he's only a few doors down, so he can come here and listen to me sing it and see if I have anything else to work on.

Ring Ring Ring

Ring Ring Ring

"OMG! Why isn't he picking up?" I thought.

"Oh, Must be that one total hottie that came earlier!!!!" I thought remembering his amazing body.

The door suddenly slams. The hottie, A.K.A Ryan, must have left... I'll go down and actually taslk to Finn now! I walk down the stairs to Finns room. I know we're supposed to share a room but he couldn't take it so he just took the guest room and we just wont have any guests over!

I walk to his room and just open the door not expecting to see what I did. What I was almost burned my eyes!