Singing is My Life-Chapter 8

(A/N It is the weekend right now, and Kurt drove down to his house to visit for a littlw while. He will miss Monday at his own school because of the song. Sorry to confuse anyone. Any other questions? No? ok on with the story.)

**********************************Kurts POV

As I look into Finn’s room I see Finn and Ryan kissing! I can clearly tell that Finn is trying to break away but Ryan is too strong for him and is keeping their mouths locked. Finn see’s me and tries to wave me over and get help from me but I’m too shocked to move so I just stand there like an idiot.

“Who left?” I ask. I’m totally to dumbstruck to think of anything else to say or help Finn.

I look at them for a second longer and than Finn kicks Ryan where the sun don’t shine. Ryan flips off the bed and is lying on the ground holding himself and swearing.

“Man! I thought you were still gay! When did you change Finn?” Ryan asks.

“Um…I was never gay.” Finn lies.

“YOU WERE GAY!” I finally burst out. Trillions of thoughts suddenly run through my head. If he is gay, he could go out with me? Since we’re not blood it wouldn’t be gross. But Finn just said he is not gay. Why is he lying? Why is going out with Ray? Why does this all have to be so confusing? Does anyone else know? Again, WHO IS CUPCAKE! Is cupcake a nickname or did his mom really hate him and call him that?

“Dude, I’m not gay and I never was.” Finn says getting up off the bed and brushing himself off.

“Now, don’t lie to me.” Both Ryan and I say at the same time.

“Kurt! You had something to say earlier. What was it?” Finn asked shaking off what we just said.

“Um...oh yah, Mr. Shue wants me to sing a song for your Glee club tomorrow and I wanted to run it by you. But since your busy *cough* lying about being gay *cough* I can leave and text me when your done.” I say leaving the room.

I walk back to my room and hum the song again. Maybe I should get a new one? I need to talk to Blaine I finally decided. (A/N, am I spelling that right?) I dialed his number.

“Blaine! Thank god,” I started to say.

“This is Blaine, leave a message and I will get back to you later! Bye!” I hear, in his singsongy voice. My boyfriend is so amazing that he won’t even ANSWER THE PHONE!

“Hey this is Kurt. There is a totally 911 going on so I NEED you to call me back ASAP! Oh, and I would like my riding pants back. I know you like them, but buy your own!” I say.

I throw my phone on the bed and sit down next to it. I grab my iPod off the hook and look through the songs. I need to find another one. The last one is great but I already found my man. Halfway looking through my iPod with no luck I get a text from Finn.

“Ryan is gone. Come down to my room and I will tell you the whole truth.”

“Ok” I text back and sprint down to his room, even though I’m not athletic at all.

I walk right into his room where he is lying on his bed trying to suffocate himself with a pillow.

“Hey” I say as I take the pillow away.

“You really want to know the whole thing?” he asks. I can tell that he doesn’t want to tell me but he will and normally I would spare it and forget but this I could not forget and I needed to know.

“yes.” I say.

“Ok. Back in middle school I was in Florida for about one year. I had lived in Lima my whole life and I had family there, Ryan, and I wanted to try it out. So I went down, and I thought, ‘I can be who ever I want to be’ since my family down there didn’t know me that well.”

I listened intently and he sighed.

“When I got there my cousin told me that he was gay and I thought ‘Eww! How gross.’ But then he told me about how no one else at his school is gay and how when people find out about him they beat him up and it wouldn’t be so hard to take if someone was hanging out with him.”

“So you helped him?” I said.

“Don’t interrupt. So yeah, I helped him by pretending I was gay. It was fun for a little while. I was bigger than most of the other kids there and any one who didn’t like gay people were fixed within a day. But then someone else joined our clan of two. He said he was gay and we believed him. He was, still is, but he was in love with me. So was Ryan. They constantly fought over me and then one day Ryan said ‘he’s not even gay! I don’t know why were fighting over him.’ And then people started to make fun of me and just be mean and say stuff like ‘when your new you shouldn’t be something gross’ and they called me pleather and stuff.” I shuddered when he said ‘pleather’.

“I didn’t like it so one day to prove how gay I was; I kissed Cupcake in front of everyone. They all believed I was gay then. I took a little getting used to have a guy as a boyfriend. And Ryan was all like ‘you liar! You said you weren’t gay but you were all along!’ but really I wasn’t. I’m not gay right now! Everyone there still thinks I am and that is why I came back to Lima. I didn’t like being ‘gay boy’ over there. It wasn’t fun, so I came back here where everyone knew I was straight!” Finn said.

“Why did you call him Cupcake?” I asked.

“when I kissed him the first time in front of everyone, he was eating a cupcake so when we pulled away we both had slobbery gross cupcake on our faces and in our mouths.” Finn said.

“How nasty!” I said trying to imagine Finn kissing a guy, most importantly me.

“So you’re not gay?” I asked trying to be hopeful.

“No! I’m not gay!” he yelled.

This was defiantly going to have to be talked over coffee in the mourning with Blaine! He should still be with his sister Katy, so it would only be like a 30 minute drive to here and then he can help me practice!