SInging is My Life-Chpt 5

I drove home thinking about Rachel's song. She must have just sung it to get more attention. She wouldn't really change anything about herself would she? She loves herself way too much. While I was deep in thought I didn't notice the red light I passed, or the cop that was right by it. I also didn't notice the cop's lights on behind me. Once I did notice there were 4 police cars all around me. I quickly pulled over. Don't panic!!! I screamed at myself what should I do?? Pull over...that's what I'm going to do. Just slowly pull over.

Well I pulled over, but I kinda forgot the slowly part. So I ran into a ditch, then my tire popped. Today is just not my day.

"Slowly get out of the car" Said an intercom. Crap!!!

I got out of the car, again forgetting to be slow and started hyperventilating. Then the cop came up.

"Why are you freaking out ma'm?" asked the police officer. Apparently he was a newbie and didn't know how to handle situations with crazy people. NOT that I was calling myself crazy but I was kinda acting that way right now.

"I just blew my tire and my car is in a ditch and I slapped a girl today and my day is just crappy." I started to cry. I felt bad about unloading this all on him but he was the one who pulled me over. He called for the back up cars that were coming in on my car. Soon a tow truck came too. An older cop came up and gave me a ticket.

"This is a warning since your day was really bad. But next time don't tell a cop that you slapped someone" he said.

"Great thanks!!! Will you just pull my car to my house?" I asked hoping for more generosity.

"Sure, we can tow it on my SUV" he said. I got in his back seat as my car got hooked on his.

"Thanks so much!" I said as a got my phone out of my purse I had with me. I had 2 unread texts.

From Will-Uncle: Where are you?

From Rachel: Hear this bitch! You steal my bf and you take my spot. Prepare for war

To Will-Uncle: I just got a ticket...sorry, I'll be home soon

From Will-Uncle: A TICKET!!!!! What did you do?

To Will-Uncle: I just ran a red light. Chill, I'm on my way home.

I got home and flew into my room while Uncle was talking to the Cops. I did not want to be around him while he was angry. Do you remember what he did to his ex-wife when he found out she wasn't pregnant? HE THREW STUFF AT HER!!! So I called Finn an asked if I could go over to his house for a while. He said sure and picked me up as soon as the cops were gone. We went over o his house and once we got there we ran up the stairs and sat on his bed. We both wanted to make out but I could also see he wanted to talk.

"What's up Finn?" I asked.

"Rachel met up with me after school and said you were going out with that St. James kid." Said Finn not looking at me.

"No, Jesse asked me but I turned him down. I told him that I loved you." I said leaning toward him. This was a tough talk and I didn't want to talk about right now.

"No, Ray. We have to talk about this. I've had my heart broken by Quinn before and if you're just going to do the same then I don't want to be with you." He said still not daring to look at me.

"Hey, I just said that I turned him down! Doesn't that make me faithful? I love you Finn, nothing will EVER change that" I said a tear coming into my eye.

"Yeah, I heard you but I just want to make sure. Because you should know better than all of us about heartbreaks." He said.

Me...Know about heartbreaks? Sure I've had my share but no more than anyone else. Wonder what he's talking about.

"Do forgive me?" I asked. No real reason to ask that I just thought I sounded right and I wanted him to shut up. I mean I love Finn in all but he can really be a sissy sometimes.

"Sure" he said then leaned in more. Suddenly the door opened and his mom stepped in.

"Oh, I'll just leave the snack outside your door." His mom said.

"Thanks" Finn and I said at the same time. His mom looked at us with big eyes and went away.

"Why are parents always thinking the worst?" asked Finn

"I really don't know! It's not like you were on top of me or anything." I said with a laugh. Finn started to laugh too. He looked so sexy when he laughed. I pulled my face up and kissed his. The kiss went on for a while. Then it got more intense. His watch then beeped.

"Crap, I have to go and pick up MY cousin from the Airport." He said breaking apart the kiss.

"I can go with you!" I said! We both smiled at the thought.

"Sure, we'll have to wait a while, because I have a fear of missing planes, so once we get there we can make out in the car." He said deep in thinking.

"Sounds great to me!" I said as we walked out of his house and into his car. Once he started it I turned on 95.7 the Vibe and Soul Sister by Train was on. I started to sing-along and Finn looked at me weird. Then started to sing with me! It was fun...until I met his cousin.